PDA

View Full Version : Hair help! I went to the hairdresser today...

liz
03-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I need advice. I went to my salon today to get my hair color done. I usually get blond highlights (and some lowlights) on my dirty blond hair done every three months. My colorist has been wanting to do more lowlights to help my hair from getting too brassy. Well, I guess I love me some brassy blond hair, because I do NOT like my color. The overall hair color is darker and I feel mousy and washed-out.

So my question is this- should I wash my hair today? I know you are supposed to wait at least 24 hours before washing newly colored hair to let the color deposit. Do you think I will make it worse? Is there anything else I can do?

My salon is closed Sunday and Monday, so the earliest I could talk to my colorist is Tuesday (if she is even working that day). Ugh, sorry if this sounds so whiney, but I am having a serious girl moment because I don't like my hair:crying:

liz
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyone? I am so :cry:....I hate my hair the more I look at it in the mirror....I honestly don't know if I should wash it now or tomorrow (after 24 hours)...I just don't want it to look worse......

LMPC
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't have any answers since I am too lazy to color my hair...but are you sure it's as bad as it seems? Maybe it's just different and that's what's throwing you off ??? :hug: I'm sure someone else will chime in soon!

bubbaray
03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I would wait the 24 hrs and then go back on Monday/Tuesday and have it redone.

DietCokeLover
03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I would wait the 24 hrs and then go back on Monday/Tuesday and have it redone.

:yeahthat:

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2011, 10:04 PM
I hated the highlights I had done in Dec.- way too ashy and not golden. He told me to live with it for 2 days (no rules about washing it/ not washing it) and if I still hated it he said he could put a simple rinse on that would change that. I can't remember the word now. Anyway, it would be a quick, easy process, you might not have the whole thing redone.

After 1.5 days I started liking it fine so I didn't go in!

eta- toner, that's the word I was looking for I think.

Beth

MamaMolly
03-19-2011, 11:50 PM
So you had color added? I think if you wash it some of the color might come off but in your case that might not be a bad thing IYKWIM. My hair takes highlights crazy well. It will bleach platinum blond in no time but heaven help me, I can't get color to stay in it if I try to ADD color. It washes out in a matter of days. :shrug:

Maybe if you wash it tomorrow you will like it better? GL.