PDA

View Full Version : Help with combo/harnessed booster?

catroddick
03-19-2011, 05:58 PM
DD just turned two- she’s just 28lbs, but tall. We’re adding a car, and therefore another car seat. I’m moving her Marathon to the new car. The old car is sticking around, but she will ride in it minimally- a few miles from daycare a couple times a week.

From other posts, it looks like she’d be OK going to a harnessed booster/ combo seat in the old car? I love my Britax’s, but am trying to be budget conscience. I’m considering the Graco Nautilus? Then I see posts that include the Evenflo Maestro?

This seat would eventually move to my Mom’s Prius when DD outgrows her Diplomat- so I want to make sure it’s a seat with longevity for a tall kiddo. She doesn’t go long drives in the Prius, but occasional freeway driving.

Oh- and this kid sleeps in the car. BIG car sleeper. And we like it that way…. :wink2:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Joolsplus2
03-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Well, for short trips, the Nautilus or Maestro are both great, just go try them out and see which appeals to your kiddo and your budget the best. Neither is probably great for sleeping, but you'll probably keep doing longish trips in the Britaxes for now, and those are fine for sleeping. Compass B830 Unite is a promising looking seat, 159 at Amazon right now, but no one's seen one in real life to give a review, quite yet :tongue5: (is that tongue funny enough? I do love when people review new things, I'm just mad I posted about this seat months ago and it's STILL not in anyone's hot little hands! lol...so it's my sour grapes tongue smiley ;))

wellyes
03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
The Maestro is cheaper. I think people like the Nautilus because it can become a backless booster but they have the same weight limit.

catroddick
03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you!
We went and checked them out, and prefered the Nautilus. With a 20% off coupon and a $50 gift card, the dent wasnt too bad!