PDA

View Full Version : s/o Do you want breast implants?

bubbaray
03-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Spin off of Fairy's thread.

g-mama
03-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I voted no, b/c I had the opposite situation - I got mine reduced and lifted.

But, *if* I were very flat-chested, I could see myself going for implants. I have no problem with it and am of the mindset that, if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

LMPC
03-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I voted no. I've never been into altering my body permanently. I think it's a fine decision for others...it's just not for me.

TwinFoxes
03-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Hell to the no. I'd have to get a structural engineer to design my bras.

mezzona
03-19-2011, 09:11 PM
no. I usually have size a and I like it. during pg and bf I have anywhere from b to d and I still prefer my regular a.

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Nope, mine are the perfect size for me. Love them. :)

Beth

mommylamb
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Not only no, but hell no. But that's for my particular situation. If you want them and get them, power to you.

ahrimie
03-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I voted yes but that doesn't mean I'll actually get them. I'm too much of a pansy to go under for new boobies. But who knows... after I finish having this baby and nurse, maybe I'll change my mind!

AshleyAnn
03-20-2011, 12:37 AM
I voted other. I like mine but there are times I consider looking into plastic surgery. They are currently a small C but are not very full because I keep lossing weight. I liked them better when I was pregnant and they were much fuller. With a good bra mine are fine.

It doesn't help my DH is in a band and the other guitar player's gf is 18 and has DD's and a teeny tiny waist (she's a model/softcore calander girl). Everyone constantly talks about her breasts and how big they are. Depending on my mood I'm jealous, other times I'm thankful I am known for more than just my breasts. But I also know from talking to her bf she's jealous I have a nice butt/hips, her's is "too flat".

blue
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
I voted other (to me it means maybe). I do not currently want breast implants, BUT I may in the future. Right now I am relatively happy with my breasts, however I don't know what they will look like in 10 years ;). In other words I am open to the idea if I deem it necessary in the future- so maybe :).

LexyLou
03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Yes. I do. I really do. I'm not going to lie. I'm vein. I think most people who want boobs are. I'm not self absorbed, but I like to look good...I guess that's why I'm a fitness instructor...ha.

I don't know. My boobs are flap jackey these days. I don't want them big, just nice and even. I think they do these things called a mommy make-over which includes a half implant and a lift to just get them perky and even. That's what I want.

IF I do actually do it, it wouldn't be for at least 4-5 years. I just can't justify it while we have so many expenses in our life.

todzwife
03-20-2011, 01:25 AM
No, but I wouldn't mind them being put back where they belong after I'm done having kids.

MontrealMum
03-20-2011, 01:52 AM
No, I'm more likely to go the other way at this point. After having been everything from a B to a G...all while being a 32 band size - try finding that in a large cup combo :( ...I have to say, there is a point where the cup size can really be too big to be comfortable. It can also really get in the way of activity (I'm fairly sporty) and buying/wearing clothes. Also, I can't remember when my back didn't hurt, though I'm pretty sure it was back in 2006 or so before DS was born.

I was a comfortable B/C for most of my pp life and never really considered breast size, because I had enough to be satisfied and fill out clothing nicely, but not enough to be too out there. And I so regret not appreciating those times. Then I got pregnant and all h#$% broke loose. I'm still trying to figure out my "normal" but once I get some other medical issues straightened out, if my size doesn't adjust, I will be seriously considering a reduction and lift.

I get that some women might like to be bigger, and there's nothing wrong with that. But IMHO, and I think that this is dependant on frame, once you hit a D or so, it's really not all it's cracked up to be.

TwinFoxes
03-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Spin off of Fairy's thread.

You didn't answer. :)

lalasmama
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I would definately consider it if I ever get skinny again.... When I'm smaller, so are my breasts. Currently, I'm a nice, full C+. Unfortunately, I am also at my heaviest (185# on a 5'3" frame). However, when I was thinner (even just 25# less, which was only 3 years ago), I was barely a B and felt small.

Once I know I am done with pregnancy and nursing, I *may* consider doing it... but I imagine I will be menopausal before doing it, because I don't want there to be any more potential issues with future nursing.

So I answered "other", since I would consider it in the future, but not right now.

Melaine
03-20-2011, 08:29 AM
I am not going to go under the knife for an unnecessary reason, BUT

yes, I totally want to. I have always been flat as a pancake (literally, people say that but I'm serious). When I was skinny in highschool, it was really no problem, but now that I am 25 lbs heavier and STILL have AA breasts, yeah, it looks awkward. There are actually some clothes I can't wear because it looks ridiculous. I can't wear a sports bra because my normal padding leaves people to believe I have breasts so not wearing the padding makes me look like I had a mastectomy. I was nursing twins and finally filled an A cup. Now that I look even flatter....it's just said. My lack of breasts is a big reason I feel I need to lose weight.

ETA: I am not talking about getting huge, all I really want is a full B.

ChristinaLucia
03-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I voted other, as in I want them but I am not so sure they are safe and so I am not getting them!

JBaxter
03-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I voted no. Im a 36D now even after finishing breast feeding Jack for 2 yrs. I AM on the other hand having a consult for a tummy tuck.

Puddy73
03-20-2011, 06:19 PM
No, but I wouldn't mind them being put back where they belong after I'm done having kids.

:yeahthat: I'd probably chicken out, though. Both my SILS got implants and I was surprised at the amount of pain/recovery time.

hillview
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Other
I would NEVER get them but would like them and a lift/tuck.
/hillary

Dr C
03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I voted no...
I would never actually do it, but post-nursing... well, I kinda miss the ladies!!! All I'm left with is two empty baggies. Barely snack size, LOL.

lizzywednesday
03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I considered it in the past, pre-kids (heck, pre-engagement to DH, though we were dating at the time) and even went for a consultation with a surgeon, but decided against it because he said I'd need a "lollipop lift" surgery to insert and position them ... and it would have interfered with my ability to breastfeed.

That kind of sealed the deal for me - I've been committed to breastfeeding since forever, so it wasn't an option to make it any more difficult.

I used to think I'd consider them as part of a lift surgery, but I react so poorly to necessary surgeries that an elective procedure is no longer anything I'm willing to consider. (I think my C-section put an end to considering elective surgery as "easy." My first few post-op days at home were beyond miserable because I'm not very good at pain management on my own.)

g-mama
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Liz,

Just FYI, I have had three c-sections and also a breast reduction and lift. I can tell you, hands down, the breast surgery was FAR easier than any of the c-sections. Not even close. Maybe having the breast surgery after having c-sections prepared me for the worst, but it was a walk in the park in comparison. I could not believe how easy my recovery was.

lizzywednesday
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Liz,

Just FYI, I have had three c-sections and also a breast reduction and lift. I can tell you, hands down, the breast surgery was FAR easier than any of the c-sections. Not even close. Maybe having the breast surgery after having c-sections prepared me for the worst, but it was a walk in the park in comparison. I could not believe how easy my recovery was.

Thanks for the perspective! I think that maybe I just don't do well with surgery - I've had my wisdom teeth out and a bone tumor removed from my hand in addition to the C-section and I think what I've learned is I just don't do well with the recovery period.

AnnieW625
03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Same answer as before, no I have never even thought about it seriously.

Fairy
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hell to the no. I'd have to get a structural engineer to design my bras.

What she said. Well ... They're DDD for now, but with the weightloss hoping for DD. I do want a boob job one day, but implants? NO.

tarahsolazy
03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
No, but I'm lucky that I'm a medium B, which seems great to me. Not so small that its hard to find bras, not so big that they interfere with active pursuits. They are certainly not as perky as they were before the two pregnancies and nursing, but in a bra they look fine, so that works for me.

DrSally
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
No, but I wouldn't mind a lift.

DrSally
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I voted no...
I would never actually do it, but post-nursing... well, I kinda miss the ladies!!! All I'm left with is two empty baggies. Barely snack size, LOL.

Lol, me too! FWIW, the Nordstrom lady suggested bras with some "filler" in the bottom, not a push up, but to fill out a little. She also nursed long term and said she always uses a bra with a little "lift"

kijip
03-22-2011, 12:44 AM
No. I want my post-baby small Cs to go back down to a full A/barely B. But wishin ain't gettin and all that. I thought I would lose some of it when I started to lose weight. Nope. I don't know that I am desperate enough to resort to surgery but I guess talk to me in 10 years.

bisous
03-25-2011, 06:15 AM
I don't think I could do implants. DH would hate it and I'm too cheap and afraid of surgery. Also, they just don't look as good as real, voluptuous boobs, lol.

That said, I love boobs. I'm bigger than I was when I married DH but one positive effect is bigger boobs. I actually have to cognitively decide if I want to be skinnier or have a nicer, fuller bra. That's a decision that always goes the way of boobs, particularly when at the dessert counter!

I don't feel like (despite having BF two children past a year) that I'm too floppy at this point. Maybe that's a side effect of not being too large in the first place? We'll see with DC3.

I think I'm oversharing here. (bag over head smiley!)

ilfaith
03-26-2011, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't want them any bigger. I'm a 32C now, and they seem to suit my smallish frame. I was a 32DD when nursing and a 32D when I was a few pounds heavier and it was hard to find bras with the small band and bigger cup size. On the other hand after having and nursing three kids, the girls aren't quite as perky as they used to be. I would consider putting them "back where they belong" with a little lift...but honestly if I were to have any cosmetic surgery, it would be my nose.

hez
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't necessarily want implants, but OTOH it'd be nice if my clothes fit my shape better. Shirts don't seem to be designed well for smaller busted women.

kboyle
03-30-2011, 10:20 PM
sure, i'd love to get a pair if we had the money, just a nice B so my clothes would fit better, but i'm not die-hard about it.

i'm teeny...everything about me...i'm 4'11 & under 100lbs, for me to have barely A's-A cup is ok with me...it's just finding dresses, strapless dresses, sundresses that becomes a pain, esp since i'm a casual dress gal.

my SIL has a total of 3 surgeries, first set and then 2 "maintenance" where she went bigger...they are ridiculous, lol, i just want a teeny bit bigger and normal.

i'm not too self-consious about my lack of boobs...i just want nice fitting clothes

MamaSnoo
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Truthfully, I would not mind having slightly larger boobs. I liked the way they looked in early pg and while bf, but I answered no to this poll. I do not want a boob job. I do not want anyone doing any surgery on my boobies if I have any say about it. I just want the boob fairy to wave her wand and fix 'em up a bit......oh, not gonna happen, you say? Foot.

love_a_latte
03-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I voted other. I wouldn't want to be any bigger then they are now, which is a full B, but I wouldn't mind a lift to get them back where they belong.

Of course the one time I mentioned it to DH he just said "But wouldn't they just sag all over again?" Yeah, thanks a lot hon, good point. (head smack)

twowhat?
03-31-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm happy with the size of my boobs but not where they reside. But I'm too chicken to have cosmetic surgery. Plus if I were going to do boobs, I'd need to do tummy too. And that makes me really, really chicken. I mean, that's my entire front end, almost!

army_mom
03-31-2011, 10:50 PM
I voted other. I wouldn't want to be any bigger then they are now, which is a full B, but I wouldn't mind a lift to get them back where they belong.
:yeahthat:

Corie
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Nope, no desire for breast implants. I like my A cups.

FWIW, I had full overflowing C cups during each pregnancy
and I hated them. They were so heavy.

Fairy
04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Nope, no desire for breast implants. I like my A cups.

FWIW, I had full overflowing C cups during each pregnancy
and I hated them. They were so heavy.

Big boobs are definitely heavy. Ya get used to it.

MissAndi
04-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I actually have them. I got them before I got pg. We didn't expect kids for health reasons, but our DS surprised us. A very happy surprise. :boogie:

At any rate, I've been BFing for 2 months and they are even bigger. I was a 32A/AA at 5'5" and 120#. My breasts were completely different sizes, which is the main reason I had them done. Now, I'm a 32C...well before I got PG. at the moment, I'm 124# and 34DD.

They're bigger than I'd initially wanted, but to get them all even and looking good, the doc had to go a little bigger. They look great, and my options for swimsuits, cocktail dresses, and bras has expanded hugely! I used to look like I'd had a mastectomy on one side. Not cute.

At any rate, they look really natural (no really, my OB even commented that the doc did an amazing job of getting them super natural looking).

It's a very touchy thing this whole plastic surgery thing. I feel like if it's going to improve how you fit in certain clothes, go for it. If you are expecting it to change your life in any other way... you're expecting too much and should re-evaluate.

brittone2
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Nope. There was a time in my life I would have said yes, but I am pretty happy being smallish in the boob department. I'm still BFing, so we'll see what they look like once DS2 weans one day...but I still doubt I'd get them done. I would prefer a tummy tuck (for my wrinkly deflated belly skin) if I had the choice. However, I doubt I'll do either.