PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Cosco Juvenile High-Back Booster

sansdieu
03-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Looking for something relatively inexpensive for someone who might drive my child home from pre-school once a week at most. We currently have Frontier85 in DH's car, and I'll bite the bullet and get another Frontier85 for my car as soon as I start picking her up regularly. But three Frontiers would hit my wallet too hard.

The "third" seat needs to be easy to install (LATCH preferably). Otherwise, no special requirements.

Here are my specs:

3.5 y.o.
40"+ (leggy, average-size torso)
31 lbs soaking wet

Is Juvenile a good option? Or would you recommend something better?

o_mom
03-19-2011, 11:04 PM
She is probably already too tall for it. The top slots are not very high (about 15 in) and it does not position the belt properly as a booster.

I would suggest an Evenflo Maestro as an alternative. They run around $80, very tall top slots (approx 18 in), 50 lb weight limit and makes a good booster later (though not the tallest booster out there). Very easy to install, as well.

sansdieu
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
She is probably already too tall for it. The top slots are not very high (about 15 in) and it does not position the belt properly as a booster.

I would suggest an Evenflo Maestro as an alternative. They run around $80, very tall top slots (approx 18 in), 50 lb weight limit and makes a good booster later (though not the tallest booster out there). Very easy to install, as well.

Thank you! Weight limit is not something I worry about with DD, but height has definitely been an issue. Didn't even realize that the slots are so low on the Juvenile. I'll take a look at the Maestro!