PDA

View Full Version : Worried about DDs sleep

babyonway
03-20-2011, 10:50 AM
My DD almost 10 mos old is sleeping A LOT the past couple of weeks. On Friday night she went to bed at 8:30 pm and woke up at noon on Saturday afternoon. Then on Saturday she took a 3 hour nap and went back to bed at 8 pm on Saturday with no problems she woke up today at 9 am (so 13 hours of sleep). She tends to nap for 5 hours during the day and gets about 12 hours asleep every night. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and I am scared out of my mind.

Any ideas, any BTDT? I am taking her to the Dr. tomorrow and hopefully he'll get to the bottom of this but is there anything I should ask to be tested for sure. I am going to ask for Vit D and Iron test and thyroid for sure.

Any others tests I should ask for And do any of you have any idea what this could be? She is also not eating very much and when she first wakes up she is alert and playful but ALWAYS gets sleepy after a couple of hours.

Thanks for your help I am really worried.

Smillow
03-20-2011, 11:28 AM
She may be gearing up for a big motor skill transition - walking, standing, etc. I hope this is all it is! My DS never slept, so I am kind of jealous! I do send PT to you!

Dr C
03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
My DD went through a phase like this as well. My advice? As long as she is growing well, and seems to be well when she's awake, the odds are good that she is just fine. See what your ped says. Like PP said, it may be that she is on the edge of a major milestone, or it may be a growth spurt. Enjoy it while it lasts!!

Green_Tea
03-20-2011, 11:51 AM
10 month olds burn a LOT of energy because they are working so hard on their gross motor skills. Short of any other symptoms, I think it sounds like she's fine - perhaps gearing up for a big growth spurt or developmental leap like another poster suggested. What kinds of foods does she eat? Perhaps increasing her protein would give her a little extra energy.