PDA

View Full Version : B-Ready Questions

ckelly
03-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I *THINK* this is the double I want for my will be VERY stroller inclined (she LOVES her strollers!) three year old and newborn in May. I really don't want a dedicated double because the three year old will probably only ride for another year, year and a half (right?) and then it probably won't be used. So the idea of a converitible (single to double) sounds good to me. I looked at a BJCS at a Buy Buy Baby and didn't like the heaviness and handling. I also looked at a P&T but the tires were flat so I couldn't get a good feel for the handling and I felt the back seat was awfully close to the front seat. I also wasn't too big a fan of the fold. I did like the handling of the b-ready with dd in either seat. I wish it had air tires but I can deal without them. I also LOVED the basket. And right now I can get a really good deal on it through Amazon. I guess my next big question is will it fit in the trunk of my corolla. I've read where it's really big and I'd be willing to remove the second seat to get it in there. Does anyone have any experience getting it into the trunk of a car? Also, can anyone talk me into or out of getting this stroller? We don't have a lot of money for me to waste on something that I am going to hate or not use. Thanks! :love5:

PS: Currently, I have an Indie which I love and will keep for those AT situations and a silver cross dazzle which I also really like and wil probably keep also. DH wants to know why we need three strollers for two kids! lol..

roseyloxs
03-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Do you live in a decent CL area? I think I might buy a sbs double like the BJCMD and just sell it once I am done. The 2010s are on sale for $299 right now.

However the B-ready does have the reversible seat which is always nice to have with an infant. Although you have to have the baby in the bottom seat for the full recline, right?

ckelly
03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Do you live in a decent CL area? I think I might buy a sbs double like the BJCMD and just sell it once I am done. The 2010s are on sale for $299 right now.

However the B-ready does have the reversible seat which is always nice to have with an infant. Although you have to have the baby in the bottom seat for the full recline, right?

My CL really, really stinks... I've seen a couple of P&T sports but they run around $350 (which is about as much as I will end up paying with Amazon discounts...). Never seen any BJs. Ever. Also, I know this might get me shot (kidding!) but I'm not a huge fan of the BJCMD. I tried one out at BBB because thought it would be the one I wanted and dd just seemed really cramped in the seat compared to her indie. And she is not a large kiddo. She just kept asking to get out for some reason...but loved being in the P&T, BJCS and B-ready. Thanks for the input!

Oh and yes, the NB would have to go in the lower seat. Which seems really close to the ground to me. Another of my concerns. But, it also means being further away from hands of strangers! I would probably be using this mostly for the mall, park etc, not for walking city streets so I'm not too concerned about car exhaust etc.

ckelly
03-20-2011, 04:48 PM
I was a little concerned with how big the stroller is primarily the width. But, am I seeing this right. My indie is 24.5" wide and the b ready is 26" wide making the b-ready only 1.5" wider. My indie has been EVERYWHERE with me so I think I can live with on an inch and a half difference.

drcarpiodds
03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the B Ready will work for you...

Great stroller for toddler/infant combo - single and double use

I actually thought it better to have the baby in the lower seat - as you said, away from the hands of strangers... but you can also use the main seat for baby on the lowest recline with a snuzzler (not quite flat), or you can use the infant car seat adapter in the main seat position, and use the bottom seat for your toddler to "hop in/out" of...

It is wider than some strollers (remove cupholder, which also makes it wider), but should not be an issue in most places...

The corolla... hmmmm... I think it would work fine considering large graco travel systems fit in the same trunks. It is a bigger fold than the BJCM, but not so big (even with the second seat). Your trunk is deep, right? I think it should be fine, as I can fit the stroller (although only a little bit of room for other things) into my DH's scion Tc. The stroller would require more depth in a trunk versus width, which by comparison I mean the BJCMD, which is pretty flat, but wide... catch my drift?

ckelly
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks so much! I was wondering about using a snuzzler in the main seat. And I actually looked at the folded dimensions for my indie and the b ready and while I can't remember the exact numbers the b ready is smaller height wise but longer. The corolla trunk is very deep so based on my indie fitting I think it will fit fine. Maybe someone else will chime in.