PDA

View Full Version : WWYD, if Anything?

Indianamom2
03-20-2011, 09:16 PM
So I ordered some carryout from a national chain restaurant. My order included some hot spinach dip. I paid and took it home.

When I opened up the larger container with the chips and dip, I noticed that the spinach dip was in a partially melted styrofoam container...as in the container had holes all along the top edges where the top of the spinach dip stopped. It had obviously been microwaved in the styrofoam.

First, isn't that a no-no?

Second, would you call or say anything about it? I'm not going back tonight either way.

Just curious.

hillview
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes to me it is a no no and yes I would call. And I agree, I would not go there again.
/hillary

ChristinaLucia
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't eat it. I would throw it in the garage and take it back the next day and ask for my money back.

wellyes
03-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Is it possible that piping hot dip was poured into the container, melting it? Not that that makes it OK. Just -- I've seen styrofoam get melty when things are put directly in from a sizzling hot pan.

I would throw it in the garage and take it back the next day and ask for my money back.

I definitely wouldn't take my time doing that. But if it was expensive, call and ask for a credit to you charge card.

boilermakermom
03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
I would Call and talk to the manager. explain what you found upon opening the bag, and tell him you aren't happy with it. It could have been someone in the kitchen cutting corners, and he isn't aware.

Indianamom2
03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Is it possible that piping hot dip was poured into the container, melting it? Not that that makes it OK. Just -- I've seen styrofoam get melty when things are put directly in from a sizzling hot pan.

I definitely wouldn't take my time doing that. But if it was expensive, call and ask for a credit to you charge card.

I thought of this too, but I really can't imagine that it would have burned complete holes all the way around the top. I suppose it's possible, but still, if it's hot enough to melt the styrofoam that's the problem.

I'm not even looking so much for a refund as to let them know that this is happening, because as someone else said, maybe an employee is cutting corners.

infomama
03-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Second calling the manager. Even if it was a mistake it's really unacceptable. You should be compensated.

ett
03-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I would call them and speak to a manager and also ask them to credit your credit card.

DebbieJ
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I would call them right now. They could probably credit your card over the phone.