PDA

View Full Version : Costco dinners?

jbbhb
03-21-2011, 02:53 AM
I think I'm going to actually use my costco membership tomorrow (for previously posted about hanna zipper jammies). Once I get in there I'm always so overwhelmed, any suggestions for dinners? Its just me and dh, so I always feel like we'll never eat all that food. Thanks!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Smillow
03-21-2011, 03:11 AM
My DH & I really like their shrimp salad (be sure to check the date & get the freshest one!).

elephantmeg
03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
we eat the ravioli in the refrigerated aisle. Yum!

kijip
03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I enjoy their pot pie, and we find that we get two meals for all of us and a lunch for me and my husband from it when we break down and buy one.
;)

AnnieW625
03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
I am not a huge fan of Costco's frozen foods for dinner only because I am cheap, but I really like the Cedar Lane barley veggie soup. I bet their pot pie is the king of comfort food! We do buy their pizzas, quarter them and freeze them, but by far their best pizza isn't even on their food court menu, it's the veggie from the food court. The penne pasta salad with chicken and artichokes is good too, as are their roll up sandwiches.

tiapam
03-21-2011, 03:45 PM
We can usually use up the three pack of ham steaks. DC will sometimes eat it, so that's a plus. The rotisserie chicken is another one we do. Also, there is a two pack of Kirkland cooked (grilled, I think), sliced chicken in the fridge aisle. It is good for putting in salads, soups, pastas, and sandwiches. I usually freeze one pack right away. I also use it to make enchiladas.

peanut520
03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
the rotisserie chicken is such a great deal! dinner (we like the dark meat), breast for lunch the next day or two, then finally chicken noodle soup/chicken and dumplings with the remaining meat and bones. my friend loves the chicken pot pie too.

DrSally
03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Rotisserie chicken! Also, the beef stroganoff in the freezer (we add extra noodles, as it's very saucy).

DrSally
03-21-2011, 10:03 PM
My DH & I really like their shrimp salad (be sure to check the date & get the freshest one!).

I want to try this, what do you do with it? Eat it on a sandwich, crackers, salad, plain?

twowhat?
03-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I love the shrimp salad too! It's great just on crackers. Ritz, if you're feeling unhealthy:)

The pot pie really is yummy. My only complaint about it is that it's heavy on the chicken, not enough veggies. But - very tasty.

The prepared dinners (that you see in the refrigerated section, where you stick it in the oven and poof - done) are pretty tasty. A bit pricey, but still less than what you'd pay eating out. The meatloaf is yummy. The pastas are yummy. The salmon is yummy. We even tried a skirt steak and it was good!

The prepackaged chicken casear salad is really good. Makes a great lunch, and filling for a salad too.

The spinach and cheese raviolli in the frozen section - yum. But, we've eaten so much of it that I'm kind of sick of it now. The Kirklands brand lasagna is pretty good too, for frozen lasagna.

The battered cod is a staple in our house. Fast to cook in the oven, and just toss a salad or steam some veggies on the side.

The frozen mixed veggies are also a staple here. I boil in salted water until tender, then toss with a bit of smart balance buttery spread.

ohiomom
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Love their pesto. It is a big jar so I freeze a portion. Also love their organic whole wheat pasta. It will last forever but the price is terrific.

jbbhb
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the great ideas. I got a few things today and am going to try out some of these others. It's so overwhelming in there for me, I think I just need to start going and learn where stuff is.

Smillow
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
I want to try this, what do you do with it? Eat it on a sandwich, crackers, salad, plain?

It comes with lettuce, so I eat it like that. DH isn't a big lettuce guy - he eats it plain, but I'm sure would love it with a baguette. I do need to go to Costco - can't wait! It has been months since we've had this!