PDA

View Full Version : My 2011 Sebby G-Luxe is here!!

sherezada
03-21-2011, 08:36 AM
And it is gorgeous!

Now, I have a month to make all the extras before we go on our cruise.

I'm a very DIY person and I know how to sew, so I'm planning to make my own saddle bags, and I'm gonna add some straps on the bottom of the stroller to make my own diaper bag shelf, like the Starck (fortunately, the basket on the G-Luxe can be easily snapped off).

I wanted a bumper bar so my baby could pull forward if he wanted to. Unfortunately they don't sell universal bumper bars, or anything that would fit this stroller, so I was thinking of attempting to DIY one that can bend with the stroller, similar to that of Perego Si.

My first thought was to find some type of plastic like the one in the canopy. It is "bendable" and light, but holds its shape. Any ideas of where I can find such a thing?. Any other ideas on how to make a bumper bar?

roseyloxs
03-21-2011, 10:41 AM
No idea but if you figure it out please share. Or you can even open up an etsy shop because that would be a very popular item.

Multimama
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Maclaren makes a universal bumper bar for their strollers that I have a strong suspicion would fit the G-luxe, but it's only available in Europe right now. I did see it listed for a short time on the US site though, so one can hope they plan to bring it to the US in the future.

Congratulations on the new stroller! I'll be interested to see pics of your shelf when you've constructed it. Sounds like a great idea. :)