PDA

View Full Version : Bi-o-Kleen vs Biokleen: Bac Out vs Stain Remover and other mysteries

amldaley
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I recently switched laundry detergents when I had an opportunity to shop at a WF.

I picked up two products that say "Biokleen" on the front label but say "Bi-o-Kleen" on the back label.

One is a liquid laundry detergent with

Looking formore info online, I find two different sites...

http://www.biokleen.com/household-cleaners which does not have my products
and
http://www.bi-o-kleen.com/laundry.htm

which has a Bac Out product and a laundry liquid, but the laundry liquid description is not the same as mine and my labels look totally different.

Found a third site, looks to be official, and it DOES have my products. http://biokleenhome.com/

I tried these products based on what I had head about "biokleen", and now have no idea which company and which products are the real ones people rave about! I really was looking to learn more about the products from the manufacturer.

Secondly, loving the bac out, but think I might like to find a regular stain cleanser that is a little less expensive for the not as serious stains or the ones that may not respond as well to an enzyme cleaner. So....any suggestions, out of any of these sites or others?

firemama
03-26-2011, 09:02 PM
The third website is correct, biokleenhome.com. I use the BacOut odor and stain eliminator on my laundry and carpet. I just used it on blood (DH's nosebleed) today and it came right out. It had dried for a few minutes, so I sprayed it and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I sprayed it again and used a rag to wipe it out and it's completely gone.

We use cloth diapers and I use it on the diaper covers. It gets the poop stains right out of the leg gussets. I also use it for the prewash cycle on the diapers. I haven't had luck finding it at my Whole Foods, so I found it on drugstore.com. I buy the large 32 oz bottle with the fliptop cap for the prewash cycle, and the spray bottle for targeting stains. And FYI, the spray bottle is a little more expensive so I checked to see if the spray cap fits the fliptop bottle and it does! So whenever my spray bottle is gone, I just put the spray cap on a new fliptop bottle and throw out the cap. (or you could just buy a spray bottle from Target).

I haven't tried any of their other products, but I LOVE the BacOut! It is amazing and smells really good. HTH!

ett
03-26-2011, 10:06 PM
If you click on the "Bi-o-Kleen" icon in the upper left hand corner of your second link, it redirects you to your third link.

Dcclerk
03-27-2011, 02:29 AM
I haven't tried any of their other products, but I LOVE the BacOut! It is amazing and smells really good. HTH!

I need help with this. I have the BacOut in spades (one in each person's room, and in the laundry room) because I thought it would be the greatest thing ever. I ended up getting some more typical spray (like Shout, etc.) for most rooms, too, because the BacOut doesn't seem to work that well for me at all. For sure none of my grease stains come out, but I'm honestly not struck by virtually anything coming out. What am I doing wrong?!

firemama
03-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I need help with this. I have the BacOut in spades (one in each person's room, and in the laundry room) because I thought it would be the greatest thing ever. I ended up getting some more typical spray (like Shout, etc.) for most rooms, too, because the BacOut doesn't seem to work that well for me at all. For sure none of my grease stains come out, but I'm honestly not struck by virtually anything coming out. What am I doing wrong?!

Hmm. I'm not sure if I have used this on a grease stain yet. For stains, I just followed the directions. I spray the stain and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then I spray it again and work at it to get it out. Depending on how large the stain is sometimes I spray several more times until it's gone. Then I spray it one last time and throw it in the wash. Does that help?

amldaley
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
If you click on the "Bi-o-Kleen" icon in the upper left hand corner of your second link, it redirects you to your third link.

lol...um...oops. :duh: WOW. I am so crossing "detective" off my list of potential career changes.

Thank you :)

Dcclerk
03-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure if I have used this on a grease stain yet. For stains, I just followed the directions. I spray the stain and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then I spray it again and work at it to get it out. Depending on how large the stain is sometimes I spray several more times until it's gone. Then I spray it one last time and throw it in the wash. Does that help?

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't do the second spray. Usually I just spray before I put it into the laundry basket, and maybe a spray before the wash. I'll try the 5 minute sitting, and then working at it, and see if that helps. Many thanks!