PDA

View Full Version : SAHMs Vs. WOHMs

truly scrumptious
03-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Let the games begin:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/116998/lesson_12_working_moms_vs

DISCLAIMER: The above article is tongue-in-cheek. A sense of humor is a prerequisite for complete enjoyment. Management takes no responsibility for any unintended fallout. (There, that should cover my a$$) ;)

scrooks
03-21-2011, 10:38 AM
That article was hilarious! :hysterical:

And most of it true. No matter what you decide (stay at home or go to work) I think you make a sacrifice. I think both side has it's pros and cons. I can see them pretty clearly because I do both...work 2 days a week and am home the remainder....what the article clearly didn't point out is that the mommies who have the best of both worlds and work part time are clearly the right ones.... :jammin: Just kidding :wink2: (ps I still have my pjs on as I type this)

WolfpackMom
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
LOL My favorite part is:
"In fact, pretty much the only people who paid attention to this at all were the mothers-who-are-way-too-concerned-about-what-everyone-else-is-doing-because-it-distracts-them-from-all-the-****-they’re-personally-failing-at."

Thats pretty much my thought on those who feel the need to loudly proclaim what they think is the right decision for EVERYONE!!

mommylamb
03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Ok, now I'm freaked about lice. It's making me feel itchy.

hillview
03-21-2011, 10:46 AM
FUNNY

apparently "funny" is too short to post so I am writing this

lizzywednesday
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
OK, I literally laughed out loud at that one. Like, on the verge of an asthma attack wheezing laughed out loud.

And, since today's a work-at-home day, DD is laughing right along with me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a poopy diaper to change while DH is in the shower.

JTsMom
03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
:ROTFLMAO: LOVE it!

kijip
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
LOL My favorite part is:
"In fact, pretty much the only people who paid attention to this at all were the mothers-who-are-way-too-concerned-about-what-everyone-else-is-doing-because-it-distracts-them-from-all-the-****-they’re-personally-failing-at."

:yeahthat: So true.

BabbyO
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
That is EXACTLY what I needed! I think I just had this conversation with the SAHM who is raising my son while I work!;)

momm
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
OMG! Freaking hilarious

" pretty much the only people who paid attention to this at all were the mothers-who-are-way-too-concerned-about-what-everyone-else-is-doing-because-it-distracts-them-from-all-the-****-they’re-personally-failing-at. "

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ha98ed14
03-21-2011, 11:28 AM
That's awesome! And ALL of it is true!

AnnieW625
03-21-2011, 11:33 AM
He he. That was soo true. Thanks for my first Monday laugh (now back to work because I spend soo much time here due to slow networks and mundane work that I don't want anyone to actually think I am a SAHM!)

maestramommy
03-21-2011, 11:59 AM
:p That was a good one! And now I'm feeling left out because I never heard about the germ study:ROTFLMAO:

Minnifer
03-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Hysterical!
My favorite part: "If your child is over 6 months old, you have to watch really sh**ty kids TV all the time and you have weird sex dreams about Thomas the Train.":ROTFLMAO:

egoldber
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM
:hysterical:

crl
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Catherine

Melaine
03-21-2011, 12:06 PM
"You find that prison is a pleasant break from being a stay-at-home mom"
:ROTFLMAO:

hellokitty
03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
LOL My favorite part is:

Thats pretty much my thought on those who feel the need to loudly proclaim what they think is the right decision for EVERYONE!!

That was my fav part too! Even though this was supposed to be a humorous blog, I thought that it was pretty much on target for what it really is like to be a wahm or sahm.

liamsmom
03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
:ROTFLMAO:

:yeahthat: That was my favorite line too! :hysterical:

niccig
03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
OMG! Freaking hilarious

" pretty much the only people who paid attention to this at all were the mothers-who-are-way-too-concerned-about-what-everyone-else-is-doing-because-it-distracts-them-from-all-the-****-they’re-personally-failing-at. "

:yeahthat: this is so true. When someone is so over the top that what they're doing is right and everyone else is wrong, I start to look for the insecurity.

soon2b4
03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh, thank you!
I think I may smile all day...
:applause: :signthankspin:
:banana:

randomkid
03-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Great for a much needed Monday laugh! As for the study about kids of WOHMs getting sick more often? No sh!t - that's why so many of us who WOH feel like crap for putting our kids in daycare. That is not an earth shattering study by any means. Thank goodness for in home DCPs - that's how we avoided DD being constantly sick while I had to work.

I LOVED this line " You accidentally show your boobs to the mailman/cable guy/next door neighbor" because, as I recall, this actually happened to one of our own BBB Moms, who shall remain nameless...unless she chooses to come forward! :rotflmao:

TxCat
03-21-2011, 12:58 PM
LOVED it! Thanks for posting. This was especially timely since I just got an email last night from a good friend debating between SAHM vs. WOHM full-time vs. WOHM part-time. My reply, with not nearly as much humor as the posted article, was that you have to sacrifice something with each of those choices, and every woman has to figure out what sucks the least for her to sacrifice (maintaining professional skills, time outside the home, time with the kids, etc.).

infomama
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the laugh

wimama
03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Great article!:hysterical:

SkyrMommy
03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
:hysterical: That was wicked sarcastic & funny... I chuckled my way through it!

MamaSnoo
03-21-2011, 04:31 PM

"...In fact, pretty much the only people who paid attention to this at all were the mothers-who-are-way-too-concerned-about-what-everyone-else-is-doing-because-it-distracts-them-from-all-the-****-they’re-personally-failing-at."

I know this lady.....her kid is in my kid's class at the germy daycare!

StantonHyde
03-21-2011, 09:51 PM
I loved this. I totally cracked up at the paragraph about having the kids lick the playground equipment and then telling the media they were effing amateurs at starting mommy wars. I thought it was spot on and funny!!!!!

jent
03-21-2011, 10:02 PM

MamaMolly
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Ahhhhhh, finally a Mommy War article I can agree with! LOVED IT! :)

edurnemk
03-21-2011, 10:19 PM
:hysterical: OMG! I almost peed in my pants and fell off my chair laughing!

twowhat?
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I loved it!!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
LOL, thanks for posting. loved the line about "wanting to knife Donna Reed for making it look so easy." LOVE IT!

Mommy_Again
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM

:yeahthat:

When I went into the hospital to have my third baby (major surgery, mind you), I kept calling it "my vacation."

blue
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
:hysterical:.......... Thanks for posting OP!