PDA

View Full Version : Good price for Learning Tower

sfmom
03-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I found a Learning Tower for $80 on CL. Is that a "good" price?

I've honestly been coveting one of these for 2 years now. The other posters on this board LOVE their Learning Tower, and are hard pressed to find something they don't like about it aside from it taking up space.

I've been keeping an eye on CL and other local consignment stores for a while, and this is the first one I found in a long time.

I also thought about buying the one from costco.com, but it just still seems like a lot of money.

The seller said the Learning Tower was in good condition (2 years old, but I have no way of checking).

My concern is that it's not a real "learning tower" (how would I know?)

Should I go for it? Should I offer a lower price?

emily
03-21-2011, 10:28 AM
$75-80 is the going rate for LTs on our local Craigslist. It says The Learning Tower on the tower itself. It's built like a piece of furniture so I wouldnt worry about it being two years old. Ours, however, does have a small chip in the wood. (I have no idea how it happened. My husband will eventually sand it and put wood filler and stain it.) I would be more concerned with marks on it (like marker, paint etc). I still havent given my kids more than magnets to play with on the art easel.

sfmom
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks so much. I'll check on to see that it says Learning Tower.

maybeebaby08
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
If it's in good condition that seems like an average Craigslist price. It should say Little Partners Learning Tower or something similar in black tight on the tower. We have it in Natural and it's says right on it. I would offer her $70 and maybe meet in the middle at $75. I think it's worth every penny, we use ours every single day.