PDA

View Full Version : Sinus infection symptoms

mackmama
03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Do you get a sore throat when you have a sinus infection? thanks.

KLD313
03-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, from post nasal drip.

HIU8
03-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Yup, plus I feel very tired and my sinuses HURT. In fact, I have one now that developed over the weekend--off to call the ENT.

fedoragirl
03-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, and I am pregnant. I was prescribed amoxicillin and the regular Robitussin. I am not sure if I should take the Robitussin because of pregnancy but my throat/chest hurts just from swallowing.

Jen841
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Sore throat and GREEN (like glow in the dark) snot all day long (not just the am drain.) Sorry if TMI. I have had more than my share! If it is just sore throat and full sinus cavities it just have to wait it out.

I can get tooth ache type pain too. Rushed to the dentist once thinking I had a major dental issues, to find my sinus cavities were so large it was hitting the root of my teeth... nothing they could do : (

I spend last weekend with sore teeth, but getting better now.

mackmama
03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Ugh I am so sorry there are so many of us suffering from sinus issues. I'm on my 3rd cold in 3-4 weeks and think it's because there's a latent sinus infection lingering. Some green stuff, headache, sinus pressure, and incredibly sore throat. Sorry if TMI... just trying to figure this out. Hope everyone feels better soon!

HIU8
03-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I get these so often. I'm now doing a daily nasal rinse (2x a day for the last year), and nasonex and claritin daily also. I've only had 1 other SI in the past year (and one coming on now). I was getting 5-8 a year. FWIW, I've been going to the ENT who has been treating it with Zpack for the most part (and it has worked each time).

mackmama
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeh I've been doing the neti pot daily and a decongestant. I've been trying to avoid the antiobiotics since I hate taking them, but I think I just need to do it. It sounds like the Z-pack has helped you?

HIU8
03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Yup, each and every time. Plus, I continue with my daily regimen while on the Zpack. This one, though, snuck up on me. I am going to the ENT this week for meds. Last time I waited and also had strep on top of the SI.

lmh2402
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
i am still trying to get over a sinus infection. every other SI i've had has started as a cold that then seemed to get stuck.

but this one hit out of the blue. and it hit really hard.

i was literally sitting at my desk at work (feeling fine). and then i started to feel funky. my ears started getting full and kind of like they were popping. and my chest started burning. that was on a tues morn.

and by thurs morn i was running 103 and thought i was dying.

this time around i had MASSIVE body aches. head, neck, back, HIPS!! everything hurt really, really badly.

typically i just get a stuffed head/ears/. my face hurts. especially above my top teeth. and when i blow my nose the stuff just comes out in big, giant clumps. sorry to be gross. but that is what usually tips me off that i've got a SI.

hope you feel better.

mackmama
03-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Heather - strep on top of a SI? Oh how awful!!

lmh2402-I am so sorry to hear how sick you have gotten. I have had it that bad only a couple of times, and it is just so awful. I think mine is more of a low-lying infection right now. I just started an antibiotic this morning, so I hope it gets the job done. I agree - my SIs usually start with a cold but, once in awhile, they can come out of the blue which is what's so confusing. It seems like some people are just prone to SIs. I get them a lot and always have, but DH does not. Lucky us! :)

Here's to knocking out our SI's!