PDA

View Full Version : Road Runner, Feet Fleet or New Balance for shoe fitting?

hellokitty
03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I am running a lot more now. On top of doing stroller class 2-3x a wk, I started C25K too. I need to get a shoe fitting, I believe my feet are supinated, and just basically need to get fitted for the right type of running shoe. If you have had experiences with any of the stores above, can you post about it? I have NEVER worn New Balance shoes. Tried them many times and never liked them, so I am leery of going there and being stuck to one brand. I had one friend recommend FF and one RR, but neither one had been to both to compare. I'd love to hear more opinions. I will be in a larger city next wk to go to these stores, but DH and kiddos will be with me, so I don't really have an opportunity to shop both stores.

lizzywednesday
03-21-2011, 03:35 PM
RRS and Fleet Feet will have more options and, if you have a difficult to fit foot, that might be a great solution.

Their fit techs are pretty good, too. Apparently, during the consultation at many stores they look at your foot type and have you run on a treadmill to figure out how your foot rolls while you're in motion.

Then you get to pick your shoes.

NB store is a bit limiting in that you can only try the shoes that NB makes that work for your foot type.

Having had only anecdotal experience with Fleet Feet, only having used ShoeDog at RoadRunnerSports.com, and gone in-person to New Balance, I say you can't go wrong with an in-person consultation.

If it were me, for a first-time fitting, I'd go to Road Runner Sports over New Balance and I'd be prepared to spend what I spend at New Balance on my new shoes.

However, I have a difficult-to-fit foot and I have a fairly good handle on the types of shoes that work for me because I've tried pretty much everything out there thanks to Road Runner Sports.

Supinator = high arch. IIRC, you'll want a shoe with more cushioning. If you use ShoeDog on Road Runner Sports, you can get a sense of what's out there for your foot type. NB's are better for someone like me - I am a pronator (opposite of supinator - low-to-no arch) and tend to want a stability or motion control shoe depending on my weight - or someone with a more neutral foot type.

hellokitty
03-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks, I think I may try RR. I do feel that I have difficult feet. I HATE buying shoes, and basically can only wear clogs most of the time now, and absolutely DREAD wearng athletic or formal shoes. THanks!

ThreeofUs
03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Just a vote for NB. I love their shoes and I have very high arches and difficult to fit feet. While there might be more choices at other places, I'd go to the NB store anyway.

ThreeofUs
03-21-2011, 11:24 PM
double post