PDA

View Full Version : Debating between bumbleride indie twin and Baby Jogger city elite

sophie6505
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
We have a 3 year old and another one on the way. We are looking for an all around stroller for an urban environment - we walk a lot of places and I want a double stroller that can fit in stores. I seem to have narrowed it down to the baby jogger city elite double and the bumbleride indie twin. Any differences? It seems as though the indie twin is nice because you can control each side separately (i.e. if one wants to take a nap etc.) Is there any difference in the width? comfort? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Can't find the double version of these in stores so am going to have to buy it sight unseen.

soontobe
03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
wow! These are the top 2 on my list also! lol

I think that the BJ is wider and might not fit through standard doorways (so says hollie from baby gizmo), is heavier and doesn't come with any accessories. That being said I LOVE the height on the BJers. They are so comfortable for me to push....

I will be following this thread:)

Kaylee31
03-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah, the BJCED is a lot heavier (it's over 40 lbs....I've read anywhere from 41-48(!), and somewhat wider. The Indie is around 35 or so lbs. But the Elite has taller seatbacks. Both strollers have independently reclining seats.
As PP mentioned, Baby Gizmo does great video reviews and points out the details & features of strollers, so I'd check them out.
Indie Twin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XFNxWQs8LQ
BJCED (video at bottom of page): http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/02/spotlight-product-review-baby-jogger-city-elite-double-stroller/
For urban use, I think the Indie would be a better choice than the Elite. I'd also look at the Mountain Buggy Duo, another great all-terrain sbs double.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S44TmXZvA14

WatchingThemGrow
03-21-2011, 11:33 PM
You can recline each seat on the BJCED individually, and it does fit through doorways as well. My 2008 model had never been stuck in 3 years of going in places. I love it dearly. Getting it folded and back into the car is not bad at all. I'd consider the fold/ease of storage if you're looking at the Bumbleride. I'm not sure how it collapses, but a friend felt like her Mountain Buggy was too cumbersome when folded that she ended up getting another double to keep in the car.

soontobe
03-22-2011, 11:25 AM
does your BJ have the side hand break? According to Hollie that is what makes it too wide for some doorways....

roseyloxs
03-22-2011, 11:59 AM
The handbrake is new to the 2010 model for both the single and double elite.

I just sold my indie twin. I loved it dearly for almost 2 years. Which is a long time in my house, strollers are usually in and out in a matter of months (just ask the BJCM).

Both strollers have independent strap reclines, huge canopies with peekaboo window, and adjustable footrests (although the indies is better). Both strollers have the same accessories available. Multi-use bumper bars (also serve as the car seat adapter) come standard with the indie twin but you will need to buy the snack packs, carrycot and rain cover separately. The Baby Jogger has belly bars, snack trays, car seat adapter, compact pram and rain cover all available but sold separately.

Your main differences are going to be the weight and the fold. The baby jogger fold is much easier and quicker although will be harder for those who can't lift the weight of the stroller. The indie is much lighter by almost 10 lbs I think. Both are great strollers.