PDA

View Full Version : What are you putting in Easter EGGS?

HonoluluMom
03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
The grandparents are putting on an Easter egg hunt for DD. I need suggestions on what to put in the plastic eggs (not doing candy:)). She's 19 months old. All I got so far - stickers.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

o_mom
03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I have put chedder bunnies or chedder ducks (our store brand of the goldfish). You could do the chocolate bunnies, etc. as well. ETA: Pretzels work well, too.

o_mom
03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Forgot to add... it really depends on the size of your eggs and if you are OK with small, choking hazzard size stuff as far as non-food stuff goes.

crl
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
In the past I have gotten the egg shaped sidewalk chalk to fit into the jumbo plastic eggs.

Matchbox cars (again the jumbo eggs)

Temporary tattoos

I think the star shaped crayons I originally got for ds's basket will fit into the eggs instead.

I have found tiny stuffed chicks that fit

And also tiny Easter themed stamps.

Tops.

In general five and dimes and the Target dollar spot are places that I have found things.

Catherine

nrp
03-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe buy one of those stringing beads sets, and put the individual beads in eggs. We have this haba set which would be cute for Easter:

http://www.amazon.com/Haba-1967-Bambini-Beads-Fairies/dp/B000YENQXU

Melissa and Doug make other ones that would work, too.

hillview
03-21-2011, 03:45 PM
cheerios and raisins at that age
/hillary

calv
03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
squinkies, m&m's, maybe jelly beans and mini-cadbury eggs. Mmmmmm!

wimama
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Little People in the Jumbo Eggs. Otherwise bunny crackers, a couple M&Ms, melty yogurt bites.

MommyAllison
03-21-2011, 04:54 PM
We've done cheerios and cheddar bunnies in the majority, with a few that have either jellybeans or Annie's fruit snack bunnies. Each egg has 1 thing in it (so, one egg = one cheerio, or one jellybean) so even though we hide ~2 dozen eggs for each kid, it's not really much food.

crl
03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Little People in the Jumbo Eggs. Otherwise bunny crackers, a couple M&Ms, melty yogurt bites.

I was wondering if Little People would fit. Thanks!

Catherine

wimama
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I was wondering if Little People would fit. Thanks!

Catherine

I have even seen jumbo eggs for sale with Little People in them at Target. You need the really big eggs.;)

crl
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I have even seen jumbo eggs for sale with Little People in them at Target. You need the really big eggs.;)

Hmm. I have the biggest eggs I could find at Target a few years ago. Good news is I also have Little People in the house so I can try it before I get some for the eggs.

Catherine