PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco this Sunday, WWYD?

AnnieW625
03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
We are crossing our fingers that we'll have this coming Sunday free to finally take the girls to San Francisco. Our plan is to park at the Rockridge BART station and take BART in, although we can get to all three of these destinations using a car. So city dwellers, what would you do?

A. Steinhart Aquarium/Japanese Tea Gardens (haven't been since they re did the aquarium, it was a favorite destination of mine when I was younger!)
B. SF Zoo
C. Exploratorium
D. other

Also how would I do public transportation to get to A, B, or C? Bus, muni?

avoid the city all together, and go to the Heath Ceramics factory in Sausalito (not a place for the girls really, but I'd love to go there!)

mezzona
03-21-2011, 05:22 PM
california academy of sciences. really busy on weekends tho.

Transfer from any downtown BART station (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, or Civic Center) to the Muni N-Judah OR transfer from Glen Park station to Muni bus #44-O'Shaughnessy.

TwinFoxes
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
The SF Zoo would be last on my list. Behind "other" :)

crl
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I really like the Exploratorium. But we walk so I have no idea how to get there by public transit. I'd probably drive as you would definitely have to transfer to a bus. The zoo is meh. And the California Academy of Sciences is a madhouse, IMO.

How old are your girls? Between ages 1 and 6, my favorite destination is actually the Bay Area Discovery Museum, so you could combine it with the ceramics maybe? Although BADM isn't the best if it is raining as it is in a series of buildings and part of the attraction is a huge outdoor playground.

Catherine

ETA. Well, duh, you have their ages in your siggie. So I vote other, BADM, if the weather is good. If it is raining, I vote Exploratorium.

mackmama
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
california academy of sciences. really busy on weekends tho.

Transfer from any downtown BART station (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, or Civic Center) to the Muni N-Judah OR transfer from Glen Park station to Muni bus #44-O'Shaughnessy.

:yeahthat: This would be busy but fun. I'd skip Heath.