PDA

View Full Version : Has your Mini-Pill experience been like mine?

Kymberley
03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I started the Mini-Pill last Monday. I've had pretty heavy "spotting" (I'd call it outright bleeding) and not-so-pleasant cramps for the past 3 days. And then today very uncomfortable bloating. My last period ended last Sunday, hence the reason I started the pills on Monday. Has anyone else had this experience? Because this isn't cool and I'm not too happy.

catsnkid
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
No, but I started 6 weeks post partum.

MSWR0319
03-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I loved my mini-pill. I also started 6 weeks pp though and nursed so the only period I had on the mini-pill was the first one after I was dne nursing and then switched to a regular pill. The one period I I'd have was wonderful though. No cramping, bloating, etc

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2011, 09:13 PM
I should say 1st off that I was *terrible* about taking it. But, I hated it. Things were never right while I was on it. I was much happier with my copper IUD and regret wasting time with the mini pill.

Beth

golightly1118
03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
H.A.T.E.D. the mini-pill. I had light spotting about every other month until ten months PP. Since then, I've had a full-blown period (cramps, bleeding, acne, mood swings) every other week. I just started weaning and went back on Yaz, and I'm praying that everything levels out in a month or so-I feel bad for DH, as I know I must seem like a hormonal psychopath right now between switching pills and drying up.

Kymberley
03-21-2011, 10:24 PM
H.A.T.E.D. the mini-pill. I had light spotting about every other month until ten months PP. Since then, I've had a full-blown period (cramps, bleeding, acne, mood swings) every other week. I just started weaning and went back on Yaz, and I'm praying that everything levels out in a month or so-I feel bad for DH, as I know I must seem like a hormonal psychopath right now between switching pills and drying up.

I have a bad feeling about it, like this will be me. *sigh* I guess I should call my OB and have her put me on NuvaRing (the only BC I have ever tolerated well). That'll dry up my milk supply, right?

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Do you want to dry it up? If not, both kinds of IUDs are safe for nursing.

Beth

Kymberley
03-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Do you want to dry it up? If not, both kinds of IUDs are safe for nursing.

Beth

TBH, yeah. I feel guilty saying that, but I do. DS is almost 20 months old and I think the only way he'll stop is if there's nothing there. Wow, I sound terrible!