PDA

View Full Version : Teach your child how to use their car seat correctly

niccig
03-21-2011, 09:05 PM
DS is in K and is in Spring Camp through his school's after care and they go on field trips in one of those 10+ seat vans. I spoke with the After Care coordinator they other week about DS bringing his booster seat and needing a shoulder belt in the van - I know some of those vans have the center seat be a lap only belt. The Coordinator knew this.

Today DS said they put him in the van and were buckling up a lap only belt and he told them that he needed a shoulder belt as he was in a booster. The coordinator said "Oops, yes you do" and shuffled the kids around so DS could have a shoulder belt. When they moved the booster, DS even showed them the picture on the side and said "see the red circle and line through the picture means you can't use a lap belt".

I do think the coordinator would have realised his mistake, but maybe not until they reached their destination.

:cheerleader1: DS

I did talk to him about it yesterday and reminded him this morning to make sure he had a shoulder belt and that it went under the armrests.

I did the same when in harnessed seat and MIL was driving him on a visit when we wouldn't be there - He was about 3.5 years old I taught him how tight the harness should be and he would tell her "not tight enough Mimi", and he would adjust his own chest clip telling her it was too low.

Teach your DC correct use and they'll tell other people if they're doing it wrong.

LMPC
03-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Awe, this is the anti-embarrassment thread! You must be so proud!!! Kudos to you and your lil' man!!! :bighand:

hillview
03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
NICE job!! That is awesome!

Teach your DC correct use and they'll tell other people if they're doing it wrong.
:yeahthat:

DS1 has corrected adults several times. "I'm NOT STRAPPED IN!!" to DH when he was about to drive off. No jackets allowed to grandma.

Kids rock when they know the rules :)
/hillary

MWmom
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
That's terrific! :thumbsup: