PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't/don't use a park hopper.....

happy2bamom
03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
do you avoid the parks with EMH? As I"m reasearching, it seems like the EMH bring in extra crowds. At the same time, people that use the EMH in the mornings comment how much they can see in that extra hour with significantly less people in the park. So, my question is, are the morning EMH worth attending if it means that the park will be crowded later in the day?

I'm trying to avoid spending the extra money for park hoppers. We are going in early June, which is supposedly a less busy time of the year. Thanks for any input from you Disney veterans :)

Moneypenny
03-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Morning EMH is wonderful! You can hit all the big attractions in that first hour and then you are ahead of the crowds that come in at regular opening. At MK we knock out all of Fantasyland in that first hour with basically no lines.

That said, we are the kind of people who leave the parks by 2:00 or so and rarely, if ever, return at night, so early morning touring works really well for us. We play in the pool the rest of the day, get an early dinner, go to bed early, and get up early the next morning to do it all again!

liz
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
We did not use park hoppers. FWIW, we were at the gates upon park opening and we left the parks each day to return to the resort for naps/downtime. We would always return in the evening to take advantage of any nighttime fireworks/parades. So, sometimes taking advantage of EMH at night was a good choice for us. We did use easywdw.com to see what the predicted crowd levels were and sometimes that did steer us to another park. Our worst days were considered a "5" and these were on Sat/Sun, so still not as bad as higher crowd levels days.

So, to sum it up, I would go to a park where I could reasonably get the most of the park even if they were EMH and if the crowd levels were decent. hth

JTsMom
03-24-2011, 06:39 PM
We avoid the EMH parks.

hillview
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
If we can get there at rope drop we do EMH if we cannot we avoid. We usually do half days so it works well for us. We NEVER regretted not doing the hopper and as you might know you can add on site if you end up wanting it.
/hillary

Gracemom
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
I would only do EMH if you can get there right when it opens. If not, it will be more crowded than usual in the morning. But late afternoon might be good because families with little kids might have left by then for naps.