PDA

View Full Version : How to get from Portsmouth NH to Wilmington NC?

hbridge
03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Okay, this is a trip that has to happen, but I cannot figure out a direct (or even semi-direct) way for this to occur. We could drive (mapquest puts it at about 15 hours), fly from either Manchester or Logan (but to where), or take the train (again to where and how)?

We will need a car once we arrive.

Anyone done this trip (or something similar)?

WolfpackMom
03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
You can fly Logan to RDU via JetBlue (cheapest flight Ive done for a direct flight to Logan is Jetblue). Then rent and drive to Wilmington (not a bad drive).

Or you can take the train into Raleigh and then rent, but the station isnt near car rentals and I think RDU is the end stop for that route, but I could be wrong, Im not real familiar with the train going in the other direction (Ive just taken it north).

The drive isnt terrible once you hook up to 95 its a straight shot down 95 into NC.

karstmama
03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
yeah, the drive would be i95 to i40. from raleigh to wilmington is on the order of 2 hours. wilmington has an airport, i think the designator is 'ilm', but that's likely to be longer/more expensive than terminating a flight in raleigh and driving, and you'll probably want a car once there.

fortato
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Portsmouth to Manchester is about an hour... 95 to 101 to 93 to 293- sounds complicated, but isn't.
Manchester is far easier to get in and out of than Boston....

Not so sure about flights though.