PDA

View Full Version : Annual Physical - What questions/concerns do you discuss with your doc?

BigDog
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I have an annual physical scheduled for later this week and I keep thinking of stuff that I should ask the doc, but then I don't write it down and I wind up forgetting. So if you were going for your annual physical, what sort of things would you bring up/discuss? Obviously I know this varies due to personal concerns, but just looking for general suggestions. Off the top of my head I want to bring up: Vitamin D level, my overall grumpiness/irritability, weight loss, lack of libido, cholesterol... what else??

DebbieJ
03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I have an annual physical scheduled for later this week and I keep thinking of stuff that I should ask the doc, but then I don't write it down and I wind up forgetting. So if you were going for your annual physical, what sort of things would you bring up/discuss? Obviously I know this varies due to personal concerns, but just looking for general suggestions. Off the top of my head I want to bring up: Vitamin D level, my overall grumpiness/irritability, weight loss, lack of libido, cholesterol... what else??

Thyroid

hillview
03-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Nutrition
Any family history concerns
Exercise
/hillary

lalasmama
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Birth control (how is your current method working? time to update an IUD? Need more refills on pills? wanting your tubes tied?)

Urine leakage (oh my, I am soooo glad I got over my embarrassment with that one!)

General health maintainence like vaccines (do you have your Tdap? Varicella if you didn't have chicken pox as a child), mammograms, bone density, colon screenings, cholesterol, etc.

Follow up for any previous abnormal paps

Quality of sleep

Weight maintainence/Nutrition

tiapam
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Thyroid

Yes, you definitely need to have your thyroid tested. Before you go, check with your relatives to see if there is any family history. Be sure to tell your doctor if there is. Some of your symptoms could be due to thyroid imbalance. Get your actual test results and research them yourself, do not just take normal as answer.