PDA

View Full Version : could this be something other than a cold or allergy?

mezzona
03-22-2011, 01:05 PM
DH has been feeling super exhausted the past 3 or so days. he keeps complaining of exhaustion and says he could just knock out if he could lay down to rest. he slept over 10 hours last night because he was exhausted and was worried he might be coming down with something. (his throat felt irritated like post nasal drip) i told him to drink water and he took his multi-vitamin. this morning he said he felt fine. 2 hours later, he is exhausted again. even after drinking coffee. this worries me because he's never felt this exhausted before and he doesnt seem to have respiratory issues or any fever.

any advice as to what this could be or what he should do?

MSWR0319
03-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm sure it could be many things including a cold or allergies. When my allergies are really bad, I get that way. I used to almost fall asleep at work some days because I was so fatigued from my allergies, but I have super bad seasonal allergies. It took all I had just to keep my eyes open! I'd watch it a few days and if he doesn't feel like he's getting better or is experiencing other concerning symptoms he may want to get checked out.

mezzona
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
thanks. that does sound reasonable.

pinkmomagain
03-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I'd send him to the dr. Let them do some bloodwork. I'd rather feel silly when they tell me it's just a virus, than neglect something that needed more attention.