PDA

View Full Version : Netflix watch instantly Recs for sick 2 year old?

blue
03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi. Anybody have recommendations for Netflix watch instantly for a almost two year old? DS has had a fever for going on three days now and I am running out of ideas for shows to watch. I am sick too, so we have been vegging out on the couch a lot. We don't have cable, and I feel to cr*py to drive to the library to check out a DVD. Double bonus points if the show has subtitles (I prefer them). Thanks a lot!

infomama
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Veggie Tales, Blues Clues, Wonder Pets, Sesame Street
Barney is on instant but I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.
You can close caption almost any show...check your TV menu.

BigDog
03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Shaun the Sheep? No subtitles but no real dialogue either!

kwc
03-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Blues Clues, Ni Hao Kai-Lan, Oswald, Kipper the Dog.
They also have Caillou but I have enough whining in my house without listening
to Caillou.
Pingu is cute but sometimes I think I like it more than the kids do.
Shaun the Sheep is fun but maybe a bit mature for 2? And Wonder Pets?

blue
03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
You can close caption almost any show...check your TV menu.
My SO tried that, but hasn't been able to get subtitles to work when the tv is hooked up to the computer for netfixs. Our TV screen is essentially a giant computer monitor at this point... I will have him try again though (he is pretty good with computers, so he "should" be able to figure it out if it is possible with our set up)
Thanks for the recs, keep em coming :)

blue
03-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Shaun the Sheep? No subtitles but no real dialogue either!

I :heartbeat: Shawn the Sheep! DS, not so much yet, hopefully one day.

sidmand
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Not on Netflix streaming (yet) but DD LOVES loves loves Timmy Time which is a spin off of Shaun the Sheep. I guess the littlest sheep is Timmy (I've actually never seen Shaun the Sheep!) and he goes to preschool with his friends. No dialogue in that either. I actually found a couple of episodes on YouTube. She's actually watching it right now in the other room!

MommyofAmaya
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
We just found Richard Scarry's Busytown Mysteries series. We also love Kipper the Dog. The PBS Cat in the Hat is a good one too.

SoloMelody
03-22-2011, 05:00 PM

:heartbeat: it!

kwc
03-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes, LOVE Busytown, especially as DS knows the Richard Scarry books very well.
Quite gentle for younger kids, too.

Tenasparkl
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
There are lots of Thomas episodes on there.

Melbel
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Diego
Dora
Blues Clues
kai lan
Leapfrog
Backyardigans

Feel better soon!

pakin
03-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Our DC like The Planet's Funniest Animals. I think Netflix has season 8 and 9 for instant watch.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

deborah_r
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I was all excited I was going to recommend Miffy (cute little claymation bunny & friends) because I saw it was on Netflix, but it is not available for instant play. Cute show, my boys still will watch it (thought the 7 year old would never admit to it). We have it on DVD.

I saw something called Kipper that looked cute on there.

boilermakermom
03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I have another second for Pingu. I thought our house was the only one that watched that...over and over and over. Lovely!

Seasame Street is also on Netflix. Bob the Builder, and Angelina Ballerina are good. Check out Madeline too.

For some reason, DD likes Annie (the movie).

sewarsh
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Does he like dinosaurs?

There are about 4 different Land Before Time's on Instant.

catsnkid
03-22-2011, 09:03 PM
DS loves the movie Cars. He and I like the following shows: Busytown, yo gabba gabba, phineas and ferb, backyardigans, disney cartoons, sesame street, olivia, max & ruby, blues clues. There is a new one out with a hand that acts like a puppet, but I can't remember the name. Tolerable for me: Nihao KaiLan. I can't stand diego, dora and the wonder pets anymore, but he loves them.

He also enjoys ANYTHING with cars, and also factory shows, and bizarre foods with andrew zimmerman.

Pyrodjm
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Kipper and Pingu. Two of DD1's favs.

mezzona
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
kipper, pingu, wonder pets

ray7694
03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

blue
03-23-2011, 12:01 AM