PDA

View Full Version : Triumph vs. G-Luxe

boilermakermom
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Thoughts? I am leaning toward the Triumph, but can't find anything directly comparing the two. (I thought I had previously read a post, but couldn't find it). We will be using the stroller for zoo, museum, park, etc. DD is 2.5 and 26 pounds.

Thanks!

ebjw
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
My main selling feature for the g-luxe over the Triumph was the fact that the g-luxe could stand on its own when folded.

rin
03-22-2011, 07:12 PM
The Triumph has a better reputation for sturdiness (in particular, I've heard several complaints that the stand on the G-luxe tends to break). The G-luxe has a much nicer sun canopy, though!

FWIW I have a Triumph, which I love. I do wish the canopy were a bit better, but I tend to put sunscreen & a sunhat on my DD anyways, so it's not really that big a deal.

poohbear
03-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Personally I love my Triumph so I'd go with that. The g-luxe does have a better canopy...
Macs are workhorses and have excellent resale... The Triumph has long been a fave around here, though the g-luxe is the latest darling (it is newer though and hasn't proven itself over time IMO).
You'll do fine with either. :)

tobycat
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I just bought the G-luxe but have not used it yet. I was on the fence between the G-luxe and the Quest. I ended up with the G-luxe because it was taller. I am only 5'7", but have very long legs. I had read some reviews that other complained about kicking the back of the Quest while walking. The removal seat cover, huge canopy, cup holder and cute colors (I got orange) pushed the G-luxe over the Quest. Hoping I made a wise decision. IMO the standing folding is not a selling point. I don't know when I'd use it. It just makes the fold bulkier.

ahrimie
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I personally thought the G Luxe wasn't as tippy as the Triumph. As for standing fold, I don't really care either. The G Luxe has a MUCH better canopy though. And not sure how much the Triumph weighs but the G Luxe is 11 lbs (2011's version).

arivecchi
03-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Triumph. Tried and true and much nicer fabrics.

longtallsally05
03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I ended up with the G-luxe because it was taller. I am only 5'7", but have very long legs. I had read some reviews that other complained about kicking the back of the Quest while walking...IMO the standing folding is not a selling point. I don't know when I'd use it. It just makes the fold bulkier.

Yeah, the complainer was probably me! I'm tall (6'2") and I wanted to love the Macs, but I kick the back like crazy. I think the X in the back is lower than the on the G-Luxe. Anyway, no regrets about the G-Luxe but it doesn't fold as nicely/easily/compactly as my Mac Easy Traveller, which is what I bought the G-Luxe to replace. The standing fold always seemed kind of rickety to me (compared to my P3), and it didn't last long after I gate-checked it on a plane trip. Still, I'm glad I went with the G-Luxe instead of a Mac b/c it drives me BONKERS to kick the back of a stroller or having to mince my steps to avoid doing so.

rin
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, the complainer was probably me! I'm tall (6'2") and I wanted to love the Macs, but I kick the back like crazy. I think the X in the back is lower than the on the G-Luxe. Anyway, no regrets about the G-Luxe but it doesn't fold as nicely/easily/compactly as my Mac Easy Traveller, which is what I bought the G-Luxe to replace. The standing fold always seemed kind of rickety to me (compared to my P3), and it didn't last long after I gate-checked it on a plane trip. Still, I'm glad I went with the G-Luxe instead of a Mac b/c it drives me BONKERS to kick the back of a stroller or having to mince my steps to avoid doing so.

Yeah, kicking the back of a stroller is a total deal-breaker for me. However, I'm 5'8" and don't have any problem kicking the Triumph (or my old Quest). My DH is 6'2" and also hasn't complained about it, although I know he has mentioned he prefers pushing our Techno XT so maybe he's just not telling me about the kicking . . .

mackmama
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I chose the GLuxe because the wheels were bigger and because it didn't seem as tippy. I also felt like I'd kick the back of the Mac when walking.