PDA

View Full Version : zooper boogie would you buy a black and pink one for a boy?

Edensmum
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
I am searching for a good stroller, and my latest search has led me to really looking at the now discontinued Zooper Boogie. There is one for 150 in my area, she said she's only had it 3 months, and got it new. The thing is I have a son and it's pink. I don't necessarily have an issue with this, would you? Seems like a good price, and a nice way to try this stroller out from what does not amount to a really huge amount of money.

Also, what do you think of this stroller. It has the totally upright seat and tons of features. If you are going to have a heavy/large stroller it might as well do just about everything.

poohbear
03-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't. Here's why: when babies are little you often can't tell whether they're boys or girls (even when they're dressed like boys or girls, having one in a pink stroller naturally would lead most to the assumption that the baby is a girl) and I would get annoyed by people constantly telling me that "she's so cute" about my son.
Oh, and I don't like pink. So that's me.

That said, i have a friend who pushes her son in a pink P3 and says it's her stroller not his...

If that's the stroller you like and you don't mind that it's pink, who cares?

Multimama
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I saw a black and pink zooper once and thought it looked great, so I absolutely would buy one for a boy. It would be for me, really, and I'm not a boy. :)

But I would only buy a Zooper Boogie if you are never going to need to fold it and put it in your car. I understand it is not only heavy but huge folded.

The other concern I would have is that Zoopers seem to have a reputation for rusty or malfunctioning parts, which makes it more risky to buy a discontinued model for which new parts may not be available.

Also, I'm confused how she could have bought it new 3 months ago? They have been discontinued for a long time and I have liked that black and pink one for something like a year and never seen it for sale new. One site still has red for sale and until recently also had navy for sale, but they have been discontinued for a long time.

But if you get it, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

ETA: Have you seen it yet? Did you check to make sure your son fits in the seat? I have read it has a very short seatback and is outgrown early.

Edensmum
03-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I haven't seen it yet, so I'll try that when I do. I'm just trying to decide about the color. The red one is a tad on the high side for clearance. I'll have to ask where she got it.
From what I understand the rust issue was the 2004 models, the rivets used were not antirust and that hasn't been an issue after that was addressed. I also planned to call zooper and ask about parts Etc. Really not sure about this, but I am toying with the idea if I can find it for well under $200.

Multimama
03-22-2011, 10:54 PM
That red one seems to have sold out now! It's too bad. I always hoped they would bring them further down in price so I could try one.

Edensmum
03-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I'm curious and not too picky about the color, but I didn't want to spend that money anyway.

Tondi G
03-23-2011, 12:53 AM
is it this pink one?

http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-SL777I-Boogie-Stroller-Pink/dp/B000QAYWCQ

I think the pink would be filthy in a minute... especially the front bar... dirty little hands and feet up on there. I wouldn't buy a pink stroller (even if I had a little girl).

Kaylee31
03-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Well, personally I wouldn't buy it for a boy. But if otherwise it's the right stroller, and the right price, I don't see why not. It's not like the whole stroller is pink, it's mostly just the seat. You could always buy/make a seat liner and a cover for the belly bar; then it would only have a little bit of pink trim.

Multimama
03-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Edensmum, I was looking at the Baby Bling stroller, which is the Zooper Boogie rebranded, and there was a review on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010E6I24/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002HMZYXM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19XGRP3J6AJ2PCH2DQW5) that mentioned rusting. I know this could be a coincidence, but I am not sure that the rust problems with the Boogie really were isolated and resolved. Thought you might be interested anyway.

MrsMcGwire
03-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a 2007 Boogie and have had no issues with rusting. Just thought I'd put that out there, hehe.

Multimama
03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
I have a 2007 Boogie and have had no issues with rusting. Just thought I'd put that out there, hehe.

Do you like the stroller? Is it as huge or heavy as everyone implies? Is the seat back short? I've always been curious about these things!

babyonway
03-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't. Here's why: when babies are little you often can't tell whether they're boys or girls (even when they're dressed like boys or girls, having one in a pink stroller naturally would lead most to the assumption that the baby is a girl) and I would get annoyed by people constantly telling me that "she's so cute" about my son.

Well, personally I wouldn't buy it for a boy.

:yeahthat:

I wouldn't buy it either. People always look at the clothes the child it wearing to determine its sex and I would get annoyed if I had a son and other were referring to him as a girl. But that is just me.

arivecchi
03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I would not buy a pink stroller for my boys.

ijopint
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Red stroller is okay but pink nahhh..

MrsMcGwire
03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Do you like the stroller? Is it as huge or heavy as everyone implies? Is the seat back short? I've always been curious about these things!

I'll be brutally honest. I do love the stroller for neighborhood walks, the zoo, etc. However, it is not a car stroller by any means. We have a Ford Explorer and it takes up the cargo area, hehe. The air tires are great and the ride is very cushy. Plus, it came with all the accessories which I've used like the rain cover, the foot muff, bug screen and the air pump while away from home. I love the adjustable height of the handlebar, too. I bought mine from Costco for like $279 so it was quite a deal, hehe. I have the red/black. The seat is huge! The stroller holds up to 70 lbs of child so it's something you'll use for a long time. We have a BJCMD and it's about the same size as the Zooper single, hehe. I think they pretty much weigh the same as well.

Multimama
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I'll be brutally honest. I do love the stroller for neighborhood walks, the zoo, etc. However, it is not a car stroller by any means. We have a Ford Explorer and it takes up the cargo area, hehe. The air tires are great and the ride is very cushy. Plus, it came with all the accessories which I've used like the rain cover, the foot muff, bug screen and the air pump while away from home. I love the adjustable height of the handlebar, too. I bought mine from Costco for like $279 so it was quite a deal, hehe. I have the red/black. The seat is huge! The stroller holds up to 70 lbs of child so it's something you'll use for a long time. We have a BJCMD and it's about the same size as the Zooper single, hehe. I think they pretty much weigh the same as well.

Thanks for the review. I wanted one for a long time because of the reversible seat. I still kind of want one, but because of the quality issues I don't think I would want to buy one used (unless I knew the seller). You could still get them used until really recently. Interesting that you say the seat is huge, I read a review that said the seat back was so short most kids would outgrow it at around 2.5. I do love strollers that come with all the accessories though!

YouAreTheFocus
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
As Kaylee31 mentioned, there's not really that much pink. Your son will be covering the seat, or as she suggests you could make a liner and bar cover. I don't think the amount of pink is a dealer breaker here. A pink stroller wouldn't be my first choice (girl or boy) but I'd get it if it was the only color available for the stroller I wanted. Btw, I have a boy.

Jelly Bean
03-24-2011, 02:27 PM
I think most people still associate stroller color with gender of the child, not of the person pushing it, so I wouldn't buy a pink stroller for a boy.

purpelina
03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I think most people still associate stroller color with gender of the child, not of the person pushing it, so I wouldn't buy a pink stroller for a boy.

:yeahthat:

I don't care much about what others would say, and if they misunderstand the gender of my child, but out of personal preferences I wouldn't do pink for a boy.

I would buy a blue stroller for a girl tough :)