PDA

View Full Version : What to do a grandma's house.........

newg
03-22-2011, 08:59 PM
for sleeping.
in a twin bed........... with bed rails or something similar or the Pea Pod Plus??
DD1 was too big for the PNP the last time we were there, but we made it through the visit........We are going back this weekend and we need a better sleeping option for her.
I would really like to get a pea pod plus for her (she's 3), but DH, and MIL think the twin bed with some bed rails would be fine for her.
FTR she still sleeps in a crib at home.

I'm worried she'll be over whelmed in a twin bed for the first time EVER at Grandma's house, and no one will be getting any sleep the three night we're there. It's also a room full of stuff, so my other worry is she'll be very tempted to explore.......

So do I fight this, or just "go with the flow" and not worry about it........

The bed is in a corner, so do I just need one bedrail?? Anyone have a good rec. for grandma's house..........or would something like a pool noodle (think I read about that here....) be a better choice??

TIA!!

annex
03-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm one that considers a good night's sleep worth all extra expenses, so I'd get the PeaPod plus. Especially since you have another child it can be handed down to. So easy to travel with, and my DS at 3 still has plenty of room in it. He would definitely get into trouble in a room full of stuff, so having him contained is vital.

My less adventurous DD would have been fine with a sleeping bag or air mattress on the floor at that age, if the twin in the room was too high for me to think she'd be safe in it.

wellyes
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Is cosleeping an option? That would at least keep her from exploring. Or maybe a sleeping mat or bag in the room with you.

newg
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Is cosleeping an option? That would at least keep her from exploring. Or maybe a sleeping mat or bag in the room with you.

Well DD2 will be sleeping in a PNP in our room. I don't think DH could handle both DDs in the room with us!! Plus the rooms are small. Our room just fits a PNP, along with all the luggage on the floor......

vonfirmath
03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
My son slept on a crib mattress on the floor with a sleeping bag his first Christmas out after he outgrew the pack and play. It worked well. However I would not have put him in a room with temptations (like computers) with that setup.

hillview
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
I'd put the mattress on the floor.
/hillary

bearwithme
03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
What about an inflatable bedrail, like this
http://toddlercoddler.com/other_products/BedBugz/bedbugz.html

We used this at grandma's house and in a hotel after she outgrew the pack n play

newg
03-23-2011, 11:48 AM
well I just went out and bought the Pea Pod Plus. DD1 is very excited about it. We're going to try it out at nap time today to see how she does.
I'm hoping that if she is really excited about "camping" at Grandma's house that DH and MIL won't fight it ;)

MIL won't order stuff online, so I'd have to do it (and pay for it)...plus I don't think it would arrive by Friday night anyways.
My only options for her to purchase a bedrail at are walmart and Target.........so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the Pea Pod Plus works!!

MamaKath
03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Cots with a gate at the door. My bed is in the room we sleep in also and for awhile they'd sleep with me with rails on the side.