PDA

View Full Version : addicted to scholastic books

malphy
03-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I have always loved books.always.

I have tons of books in my "library".

Now that I have dd I have new books to buy, yay!

Anyway, I LOVE to get the scholastic book flyers from her preschool! I love the books and I love that her teacher gets free books.

I like to look at the actual flyers but the teacher prefers to use online ordering. This is dangerous because I can look at all the books available from all the flyers. I like to add titles to my cart and review a few days later, to keep myself in check. Well, today I went to check out my cart to see what I had and there were 30 books for about $200:bag

I think I am going to have to whittle it down some more, lol!

The truly scary thing is that we will soon be having a book fair at the school. i better make sure I only bring cash, no check or cc, and set a reasonable limit.

infomama
03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
I never miss a book fair. Totally with you..

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I was sooo sad when my school opted not to do a Scholastic fair this year. They don't do the flyers either. My book collection is really suffering!

Beth

malphy
03-22-2011, 10:38 PM
I never miss a book fair. Totally with you..

I've never been to one and I am excited! Is it awesome??!!!

I know I am a geek but I can't help myself when it comes to books. As a child I used to get books as gifts and I loved them. My siblings thought I was weird, lol!

Globetrotter
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Do you have a scholastic warehouse near you? Those are even better!

ETA: The last couple of years, I've donated $ to the school library and bought my books at the warehouse instead. That way the school gets a bigger donation.

infomama
03-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I've never been to one and I am excited! Is it awesome??!!!

I love 'em. Have fun!

jenstring95
03-23-2011, 12:51 AM
I always loved getting the Scholastic catalogs as a kid, and I love when my kids get them now! We order from them nearly every time, which is saying something because our preschool orders monthly. The past couple years at MDO (same school) we only got the fliers ~3 times a year. You can never really have too many books, right?

jgenie
03-23-2011, 12:57 AM
I like to stock up on the $1 books and keep them for treats for DS1. We love books here!!

Canna
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm with you - I love Scholastic books and the online ordering definitely sells me a lot more books!

sail731
03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I too love Scholastic book orders. I use DD's reward chart to give out books I buy.

1 great day = 1 sticker

10 stickers = selecting a book from the book box

DD loves earning new books and I love great behavior!

Tammy
03-23-2011, 11:24 PM
I too love Scholastic book orders. I use DD's reward chart to give out books I buy.

1 great day = 1 sticker

10 stickers = selecting a book from the book box

DD loves earning new books and I love great behavior!

I love this idea! I'm also a big fan of Scholastic books and was so happy when DD started daycare and they sent home fliers frequently. Although I have refrained from looking online to resist the temptation. DD has so many books right now on her huge book shelf I guess I should clean out some to make room for more.