PDA

View Full Version : Q? for a friend TTC... She's late

ha98ed14
03-22-2011, 11:57 PM
I have a friend who is 10 days late. She has long cycles (36 days), but they are fairly regular. She's been shtupping regularly. She's now 10 days late. She's taken 4 HPTs in that time (the last one being today) but it always comes up negative. We can't figure it out. Thoughts?

Tondi G
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
thats odd. She is always regular? was she charting? did she know around when she ovulated? 12 days from ovulation she would most likely get a + if she is pregnant. Is she testing with first morning urine?

edited to add that I love that you call it shtupping! :)

AnnieW625
03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
I was never that late ever, although prior to using birth control I got my period exactly 28 days after it ended. I will say that I took a HPT (First Response all three times) and those were positive with DD2 before they were positive at the drs. so it could take another couple of days. I would just keep testing. :praying: for her.

brgnmom
03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Maybe she ovulated later than usual? I have longer cycles and ovulated later than usual (when I got pregnant with my DD). The estimated due date from the LMP did not match up w/ what the early ultrasound indicated... the two estimated due dates were off by almost 2 weeks iirc. If I were your friend, I would take another HPT in a couple of days b/c she could very well be pregnant.

Snow mom
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Some women never test + on home tests, even though they are very pregnant. I'd say call the doc and do a blood test. Ten days late seems like quite a bit, especially if she's generally fairly regular.

momm
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I used to be really regular - till I started TTC. After that I had incredibly whacky cycles.

Once I had a 60 day cycle when I was TTC - of course I was so sure I was pregnant but all the HPTs were negative.

Turns out I had PCOS.

I can't think of any reason why the HPTs would be negative, 10 days after expected AF, other than the possibility that she ovulated later than she thinks - and that it's not actually 10 days later.

Good luck to her, hope the TTC works out soon!

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Fairly regular...if they are only fairly regular I would wait a week and retest. Sometimes cycles are just off.

Beth

Canna
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I suspect her cycle is just off. She may have ovulated later than usual - maybe much later. It's pretty normal for women to occasionally have an unusual cycle or an anovulatory cycle. HPTs are pretty reliable these days...if they're negative it's almost certain she's not pregnant. She should consider charting her fertility signs as it can be helpful when TTC, especially if you have less predictable cycles. If you are charting your basal body temp and cervical fluid it's generally clear if you've ovulated or not.

Carrots
03-23-2011, 10:17 AM
If she wants a conclusive answer, have her go to her OBGYN or GP for a blood test. However, she could have O'd later than she thought. :)