PDA

View Full Version : Indie?

Edensmum
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Is the indie compact enough to go int shops and tighter places? How sturdy is it with bags or thing hanging on it? I love the idea of the 20lb at, but I am not sure about the seat type for ds. It might be a good compromise in our search for a lighter weight and one that can handle our historic and bumpy city.
Is there anything new about 2011? Any good deals on these?

crl
03-23-2011, 12:38 PM
My indie has successfully gone into the local city market, the Y locker room and the local children's museum as well as the mall.

It is actually 22 pounds though, apparently.

http://strollerqueen.blogspot.com/2010/04/bumbleride-indie-review.html

The 2011s lost the rain cover (now a separate item) and they introduced some new fabrics. I don't think they made any other changes? You might find a deal on the discontinued spice color.

Catherine

ckelly
03-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I have an older model that has been all over with me. I've used it in the mall many times. For an AT its pretty compact. I hang my large diaper bag from it all the time with no tipping even when dd isn't in the seat. Hth.

echoesofspring
03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
You read my mind with this post, I've been wondering the same thing...it seems like the only real change from 2010 to 2011 is the canopy and improved rain cover? Is that right? Are either of those worth waiting for, the 2010 canopy seemed pretty cool in baby gizmo video I watched. And they are making a couple accessories optional that used to be included (rain cover, pump)?

So I'm wondering, is there any reason outside of the new colors to get a 2011, especially if maybe you can get a deal on a 2010 pretty soon - the '11's are supposed to ship April-ish?

Someone with more Indie knowledge than me I have will hopefully correct/clarify, I was doing some research last night and only then realized the 2011's were about to come out.

momtoax3
03-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I have both and Indie single and double.
No reason to wait for the 2011s unless you want one from their Natural or Movement editions (newer fabrics).

I would say this stroller is very comparable to the MB Swift in terms of size if that helps and is a great multi-use stroller, indoors and out.

Kaylee31
03-23-2011, 01:42 PM
You read my mind with this post, I've been wondering the same thing...it seems like the only real change from 2010 to 2011 is the canopy and improved rain cover? Is that right? Are either of those worth waiting for, the 2010 canopy seemed pretty cool in baby gizmo video I watched. And they are making a couple accessories optional that used to be included (rain cover, pump)?

So I'm wondering, is there any reason outside of the new colors to get a 2011, especially if maybe you can get a deal on a 2010 pretty soon - the '11's are supposed to ship April-ish?

Unless you want one of the new colors (I like the looks of the Movement fabric), I would go with a 2010.

"Whats New for 2011?

Indie Stroller 2011 (I-205)
• SPF 45 sun canopy
• Optional Maxi Cosi car seat adapter
• New optional locking Carrycot
• Rain Shield will be available as an optional accessory, no longer included
• Air pump no longer included
• Available in Lava, Ruby, Seagrass, Vita, Movement Edition (Jet & Fog) and Natural Edition (Ocean & Walnut)
• Spice is discontinued."
http://site.pishposhbaby.com/blog/2010/10/20/bumbleride-indie-2011-whats-on-the-way/

AJP
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
We opted to get the 2010 and got a deal on one of the colors they are discontinuing (spice). Ive only played with it indoors but I love it so far!

new_mom_mry
03-23-2011, 05:02 PM
It's an awesome stroller all around, but something to keep in mind is that while you might be able to get through narrow doorways, the stroller does take up quite a bit of room when you are in smaller spaces, such as a cramped restaurant for example, especially in the fully reclined position. I was thankful for our Mac Triumph when we took DS with us to a crowded restaurant. Of course he didn't sleep as comfortably and DH had to take him outside but that's a different story...the Spice color is awesome, so might as well get the 2010 model for the included accessories, unless you truly are in love with the two new 2011 fabric patterns.

Multimama
03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
the two new 2011 fabric patterns.

I think they actually have four new colors for 2011: walnut (brown), ocean (blue), and the two movement colors (grey with orange and black with blue).