PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men fans--there might be no Season 5 this summer!?

jenfromnj
03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
I look forward to Mad Men on summer Sunday nights, I'll be sad if it's not back until the winter--or worse, 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/arts/television/mad-men-fifth-season-date-is-uncertain.html?_r=2&hp

AnnieW625
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I read that article highlighted in the article from Entertainment Weekly that stated that they hadn't even started writing yet so I knew then that was probably a bad sign if they wanted to start the show in late August like they have done in the past three seasons. I would rather see it released in 2012 and take to write and not have to rush (and result in crappy episodes) it because if they wanted even a fall sweeps release they'd have to have at least the first couple of episodes penned by May or June and it doesn't look like that will be happening.

alirebco
03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Me too! I love Mad Men! I was so sad when I read the NYT article this morning about it. Boo!

MissyAg94
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I know!! I'm so disappointed. I think I'll start watching on DVD from the beginning to help ease the pain. ;)

mezzona
03-23-2011, 03:55 PM
oh no! why not?!

eta read the article. of course it's about money. lame. :(

mackmama
03-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh NO! I am so bummed to read this. We love that show!

jenfromnj
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I would rather see it released in 2012 and take to write and not have to rush (and result in crappy episodes) it because if they wanted even a fall sweeps release they'd have to have at least the first couple of episodes penned by May or June and it doesn't look like that will be happening.

This is true, Annie--I'd rather wait and have great Mad Men, than have epis ready for the summer and have them be meh.

I'm especially sad because this show is the respite from all the bad, sad NJ-based reality shows that air in the summer!

xmasbabycomin
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, this is poops. I finished the last season a couple of months ago so read
a few rumors and signed this petition back then:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mm_s5/

elektra
03-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Bummer!
LOVE Madmen.
My brother works in book publishing and he told me in passing that his publisher is coming out with a Mad Men book. I told him he better invite me to any promotional parties for it/photo shoots/anything! I will totally be a dorky star struck chick trying to catch a glimpse if it means I can see Don Draper in action!

mezzona
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
for you mad men fans:
if you havent seen it yet, a special tumblog (http://petecampbellsbitchface.tumblr.com/)

AnnieW625
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Bummer!
LOVE Madmen.
My brother works in book publishing and he told me in passing that his publisher is coming out with a Mad Men book. I told him he better invite me to any promotional parties for it/photo shoots/anything! I will totally be a dorky star struck chick trying to catch a glimpse if it means I can see Don Draper in action!

and if you can bring any guests you know who to invite! My friend who is a production engineer for NPR has actually met Jon Hamm and said he is a bit quirky and very subdued just like Don Draper.

wildfire
03-23-2011, 08:39 PM
It seems like AMC does this with a lot of their shows. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead...