PDA

View Full Version : Great bathingsuits for women on mega sale at LE Canvas

kamileer
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I paid full price for this exact suit last summer (actually TWICE, since I lost the first one) and I get loads of compliments. So much nicer than your typical 'mom suit'. Wanted to pass it along in case anyone needed one!

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SolidVneckHalterTankiniTop~207090_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HME&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002514
$12.99 for the tankini! The bottoms are even less.

LMPC
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to add that I have this tankini too -- and it's so cute! Not a mom suit at all!!

ElspethCordelia
03-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I would buy it if I wasn't pregnant. It's super-cute!

lil_acorn
03-23-2011, 09:22 PM
any FS codes?

AbbysMom
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I saw some one retailmenot but they were for over $50. one was 30% off highest priced item and then FS over $50 but it expires tonight.

nupe
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Kamileer:
What color did you get and love? I think I ordered a black polka dot one from canvas heritage. I don't remember seeing blue/yellow til today, but then I've looked at so many suits over the last month!

zukeypur
03-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I almost ordered this one a while back, but went with a black bikini instead that I ended up returning.

I'm leaning towards the yellow.

ohsara430
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
I rarely if ever buy from LE, I found a few things I want including the swimsuit and could get free shipping, but one of the things I don't know if I'll like in person. If I return something to Sears will they then charge me for the shipping?

LMPC
03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I rarely if ever buy from LE, I found a few things I want including the swimsuit and could get free shipping, but one of the things I don't know if I'll like in person. If I return something to Sears will they then charge me for the shipping?

I return things to Sears all the time and I have never had them ask me to pay for shipping.

ohsara430
03-23-2011, 10:18 PM
I return things to Sears all the time and I have never had them ask me to pay for shipping.

Ok, good to know, I think I'll go for it then - thanks!

Twoboos
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks OP, I just ordered a couple of different suits in different size/color combos. Hopefully SOMETHING will work, I hate bathing suit shopping!!

Some of the bikini pieces are dirt cheap, $5.99/$8.99 a piece!

Dcclerk
03-24-2011, 01:57 AM
I paid full price for this exact suit last summer (actually TWICE, since I lost the first one) and I get loads of compliments. So much nicer than your typical 'mom suit'. Wanted to pass it along in case anyone needed one!

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SolidVneckHalterTankiniTop~207090_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HME&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002514
$12.99 for the tankini! The bottoms are even less.

I completely agree. In general, I am not a fan of the Lands End look, but I recently bought some Lands End Canvas bathing suits, and I LOVE them. My Boden and Athleta ones do not hold a candle to these cute Heritage bathing suits. (I got the heritage stripes and dobts both the tankini and the bikini, on the off chance that I am ever willing to have others look at my disgusting elephant skin stomach :P )

My favorites, by far, are the Heritage suits. I bought about 20 from various styles, and for me, the Heritage ones fit the best. Love them!

ETA: I forgot to mention that my uber-hip friends who can still rock some adorable size 2 bikinis post 2-4 kids between them agree that the suits are very cute, and a lot better than we have been finding in the local bathing suit shops. That being said, they probably won't be able to copy me because I don't know that even the smallest Lands End Canvas size would fit them. Canvas runs large and makes me feel skinny :)

alien_host
03-24-2011, 07:55 AM
So is the general consensus that Canvas does run big? I was surprised they have XXS as a starting point. I need to look at the the sizing chart more closely but would you guys say that the chart is accurate?

I suppose I could buy multiple sizes and return to Sears what doesn't work.

Twoboos
03-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I suppose I could buy multiple sizes and return to Sears what doesn't work.

This is what I did. Bathing suits are so wonky anyway, I feel like I have to get multiple sizes to try.

bnme
03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I just bought some LE Canvas suits in a medium. I am 5'2 and about 150lbs. I usually wear an 8 or 10. I tried the surf shack tankini top, boy shorts, and fold-over boy shorts. I have the same size in regular LE suits, which I think are generously sized. These were more of a jr cut (less coverage) -lower cut top, lower waisted bottom. I kept the top and fold over bottom. Now I am waiting for the Aqua Terra line to go on sale. I tried it on a t Sears when I was there to do my returns and I loved it.
HTH

alien_host
03-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the sizing info!

Question about Ebates, I see they have separate buttons for LE (6%) and LE Canvas (2%), do I have to go thru LE Canvas or can I do LE (sort of like the ON/Gap trick)?

SoloMelody
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I am a 32G and normally have trouble finding support and coverage in any swimsuit.

Will these fit a frame like mine? They dont seem to have a DD+ line...

Octobermommy
03-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I am a 32G and normally have trouble finding support and coverage in any swimsuit.

Will these fit a frame like mine? They dont seem to have a DD+ line...

I bought a suit last week and it will be going back. I'm a dd and did not have enough room in the cups for the girls.

SoloMelody
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks!

*myfoursons
03-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks, OP! Ordered a couple of different bikini tops and bottoms. Hopefully something will be a keeper :)

Megano
03-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks OP. None of my suits fit me anymore after stretching them during pregnancy (oops!). I went for the yellow and blue. Too cheap to pass up having a back-up!

1964pandora
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks! They don't have the striped bottoms in my size, only a solid bottom. Do you think it it ruin the look to have solid navy top and bottom?

Mamma2004
03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks! They don't have the striped bottoms in my size, only a solid bottom. Do you think it it ruin the look to have solid navy top and bottom?

I actually ended up choosing the solids b/c I thought the stripes might accentuate my "assets" in an unflattering way. I hope it will look great!

ett
03-24-2011, 11:14 PM
So do the halter tops (which is the majority of their swim tops) work for those that are flat chested? I tried one style in XXS and it was too big on me! The fabric was bunching up and it just didn't sit right on me.

lynnea6
03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Free shipping with SS CANVAS and pin 1202.

MSWR0319
03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Can you use more than one code?

jvs195
03-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Can you use more than one code?

Nope. I've placed my order at Sears when I have a % or $ coupon that doesn't include FS. Load your cart and head over to use their kiosk for automatic free shipping and then enter your code.

liz
03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Free shipping with SS CANVAS and pin 1202.

Thank you! I just ordered some bikini bottoms (I have a ton of tops from previous years' sales :o).

infocrazy
03-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Can you return Canvas items to any Sears or just the ones with Canvas departments?

ett
03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Can you return Canvas items to any Sears or just the ones with Canvas departments?

You can return to any Sears.

MSWR0319
03-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Is it any Sears or any Sears with a Lands End in it? I was reading online and took it to mean there had to be a Lands End but not Lands End Canvas. I ordered a few things a week or two ago and waiting to return until I see if this stuff fits because the Sears near me doesn't have a Lands End so I thought I'd have to go to the one about an hour away.

ang79
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Thank you OP! I was looking at the regular Lands End suits but the sale prices at Lands End Canvas are better. I've never purchased from them before so I just ordered a ton of suits in a variety of styles and sizes to try, hopefully one or two of them fit! I always dread swim suit shopping and we are going to a resort w/ indoor water park in 2 weeks and I need a suit that fits me right!

KDsMommy
03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks! I ordered a navy tankini top, yellow stripe side tie bikini bottom, Heritage skirt in navy mini-dots, and a grey cover-up...all for $47.66 :bighand:

KDsMommy
03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the sizing info!

Question about Ebates, I see they have separate buttons for LE (6%) and LE Canvas (2%), do I have to go thru LE Canvas or can I do LE (sort of like the ON/Gap trick)?

I used the LE (6%) button, now I'll have to wait to see if I actually get 6%.

clb
03-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Is it any Sears or any Sears with a Lands End in it? I was reading online and took it to mean there had to be a Lands End but not Lands End Canvas. I ordered a few things a week or two ago and waiting to return until I see if this stuff fits because the Sears near me doesn't have a Lands End so I thought I'd have to go to the one about an hour away.
When I did a live chat, they told me any Sears with a LE. I also have a return to do.

cookiemonster80
03-25-2011, 04:40 PM
This is a super cute suit- but I'm always hesitant to buy something that ties around my neck- I'm not super large (c), but I always feel like I need to cinch the neck tie super tight to feel like I'm not hanging out- can anyone comment to this particular suit and this issue?

Believe me, I would LOVE to buy a swimsuit for this price if is works!

zukeypur
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM

any sears. i returned to s non-LE sears a few weeks ago

1964pandora
03-25-2011, 08:24 PM
I actually ended up choosing the solids b/c I thought the stripes might accentuate my "assets" in an unflattering way. I hope it will look great!

LOL! Thanks, I can't imagine what I was thinking. There's no way I can wear horizontal stripes on my "assets." I'm glad I ordered the solid!

MSWR0319
03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Are there any % off codes good anymore? I couldn't find any when I searched, just free shipping. I knew I shouldn't have waited!

LMPC
03-25-2011, 08:29 PM
This is a super cute suit- but I'm always hesitant to buy something that ties around my neck- I'm not super large (c), but I always feel like I need to cinch the neck tie super tight to feel like I'm not hanging out- can anyone comment to this particular suit and this issue?

Believe me, I would LOVE to buy a swimsuit for this price if is works!

I am a C cup at this point and find that the suit provides very good coverage for the girls...I don't feel like I am hanging out at all or that there is any chance I might pop out.

dec756
03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
not familar with LE sizing..
i am 5'2 and 115 lbs. i am a small B cup. what size would i be? thanks!

LMPC
03-25-2011, 09:51 PM

I would say a small -- but you could always get an xs and a s and then return the one that fits you better.

dec756
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
what colors are everyone getting? i like the olive and the blue lagoon. cant decide for the 3rd suit....the orange, yellow, or pink. anyone have these colors??

clb
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM

You should measure yourself and check the size chart. From your weight, my guess would be an XS but it is the measurement that counts. I wear a 6 or M in most brands but I need a S in LE/LE Canvas. The LE size chart is different.

For the color, I would choose the most flattering for your skin tone. Which color looks better on you? If you aren't sure, the pink is probably the easiest to wear.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3249_choose-colors-flatter.html

ChristinaLucia
03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
FWIW - I think it runs a little big. I always order two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit right.

nupe
03-26-2011, 02:24 PM

I'm guessing XS. I 'm a tad bigger than you overall, and S fits me pretty well.

cookiemonster80
03-26-2011, 04:21 PM
thanks- I just bought it and we'll see- need another suit for our vaca in 6 weeks!

alien_host
03-27-2011, 11:04 AM
FYI, I went thru Ebates via LE and did get 6% on my Canvas order (vs 2%)
. I just hope a suit works for me!

viba424
03-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I stocked up on these suits a couple of weeks ago when they were an extra 30% off. I poured over the reviews and followed those recs and got lucky every piece worked. This is what I got:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsSolidBandeauTieBackBikiniTop~207081_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SwimEssentialsFoldoverBoyShorts~203342_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BAP&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsHighWaistSwimBottom~207085_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsVneckHalterTankiniTop~207104_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/HeritageRetroHipsterMiniDotSwimBottom~203336_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GXL&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-dot&origin=search

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MiniDotBandeauHalterSwimTop~207079_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GXJ&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-dot&origin=search

dec756
03-27-2011, 02:58 PM
any inclination of an upcoming sale?? i would love to wait for extra 30% off :)

AbbysMom
03-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I caved and bought it today with the free shipping someone posted in another thread :) First bathing suit I've bought for myself in a LONG TIME. Thanks OP!

PAfirsttimemom
03-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I stocked up on these suits a couple of weeks ago when they were an extra 30% off. I poured over the reviews and followed those recs and got lucky every piece worked. This is what I got:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsSolidBandeauTieBackBikiniTop~207081_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SwimEssentialsFoldoverBoyShorts~203342_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BAP&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsHighWaistSwimBottom~207085_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsVneckHalterTankiniTop~207104_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/HeritageRetroHipsterMiniDotSwimBottom~203336_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GXL&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-dot&origin=search

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MiniDotBandeauHalterSwimTop~207079_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GXJ&CM_MERCH=canvas-search-_-dot&origin=search

Were the sale prices this low PLUS 30% off?

viba424
03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes. So each piece was like $6 something. Dont feel bad though. It is still currently a very good price.

ang79
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I ordered some one-piece suits last week, but just noticed these high waist bikini bottoms that someone posted above: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsHighWaistSwimBottom~207085_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&
CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/EssentialsHighWaistSwimBottom~207085_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Women-_-Sale-_-Swim&origin=index)

Thought with the free ship code maybe I should try these with a bikini top (thinking maybe they would help hide my flabby belly from having two kids), any thoughts on what bikini top would look cute with these bottoms? Or do you think the bottoms are funny with the high waist?

PAfirsttimemom
03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes. So each piece was like $6 something. Dont feel bad though. It is still currently a very good price.

Wow! Really great deal. I remember seeing that post. I hate when I hold off and miss the deal. You're right, though, that the prices are still great now. How do you like the fit of your pieces? I am thinking some of the bikini bottoms look like they won't provide enough coverage. Some in the description even say "minimal coverage." I prefer when the material doesn't ride up on the sides so your cheeks stick out or you get a wedgie, KWIM? :-)Would love to hear more about the fit. Thanks!

LMPC
03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow! Really great deal. I remember seeing that post. I hate when I hold off and miss the deal. You're right, though, that the prices are still great now. How do you like the fit of your pieces? I am thinking some of the bikini bottoms look like they won't provide enough coverage. Some in the description even say "minimal coverage." I prefer when the material doesn't ride up on the sides so your cheeks stick out or you get a wedgie, KWIM? :-)Would love to hear more about the fit. Thanks!

I bought the bikini bottom that was kind of in the middle as far as coverage goes..pretty sure it's this one..
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/HeritageSolidWidebandBikiniBottom~203347_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BEP&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Sale-_-Women-_-Swim&origin=index

I went to a water park in it for 2 days and not once did I get a weggie!

PAfirsttimemom
03-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I bought the bikini bottom that was kind of in the middle as far as coverage goes..pretty sure it's this one..
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/HeritageSolidWidebandBikiniBottom~203347_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BEP&CM_MERCH=IDX_LandsEndCanvas-_-LandsEndCanvas-_-Sale-_-Women-_-Swim&origin=index

I went to a water park in it for 2 days and not once did I get a weggie!

Good to know. Thanks. This is down to $6.99! I think I better place an order before these suits are all sold out.

WolfpackMom
03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Ive added one to my cart, but now am questioning sizes. Do these really run that big? By what people are saying upthread I would be in an xxs and that doesnt sound right as I am not 13 years old...

mjmamma
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Ive added one to my cart, but now am questioning sizes. Do these really run that big? By what people are saying upthread I would be in an xxs and that doesnt sound right as I am not 13 years old...

I don't think they run big and it is said that you should size up in a bathing suit. When I was more of a 6, the S 6-8 fit me fine and now I'm more of an 8, the M 10-12 fit me better. I'm short but curvy/hippy/four kids. I also wear the 8 in regular LE suits. At these prices, order two sizes and return!

WolfpackMom
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't think they run big and it is said that you should size up in a bathing suit. When I was more of a 6, the S 6-8 fit me fine and now I'm more of an 8, the M 10-12 fit me better. I'm short but curvy/hippy/four kids. I also wear the 8 in regular LE suits. At these prices, order two sizes and return!

Thanks!
Im going to size up in 2 one pieces and then do the recommended size in a tankini since reviews say they are bigger. Then Ill return whatever doesnt end up working.

nupe
03-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Or do you think the bottoms are funny with the high waist?

It think the idea of these bottoms is genius, I ordered them and am looking forward to trying them on!

viba424
03-30-2011, 08:29 AM
I bought the ones with the high waist and also the foldover waist. I really liked them both a lot. I think the high wasted ones are cool in person.

For me I got a medium (im a size 8) and they were true to size. Both of those were - no need to size up.

alien_host
03-31-2011, 10:44 AM
My order arrived and I like the tankini and the bottoms. I'm 5 foot 1 and 105 lbs (on a good day) and small chested (34AA) and the XXS fit great on top and the bottom.

I might order a few other pieces to see if I like them. Thanks for posting about this OP!

ang79
03-31-2011, 11:27 AM
My order arrived and I like the tankini and the bottoms. I'm 5 foot 1 and 105 lbs (on a good day) and small chested (34AA) and the XXS fit great on top and the bottom.

I might order a few other pieces to see if I like them. Thanks for posting about this OP!

Got my order yesterday and finally had time to try them on this morning, but not very excited about any of them. I got an XS in the tankini set that the OP linked to. I like the bottoms but I think the top is a bit too loose and seems to sag a bit in the bust, probably need an XS. I also got several one piece suits in sizes 0,2,4 and the ones size 4 is OK, but I feel like I have to keep tugging it up, like the halter tie loosens or something and I'm afraid of my barely there boobs slipping out the top :( I'm not tall or tall waisted either, always thought I was normal, so not sure why these seem so short. Also, the bottom of the one-piece suits do not flatter my bottom, its like its too snug and makes any extra flab squish out, gross description, I know!

Why is it so hard to find a decent swim suit?!

MSWR0319
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Also, the bottom of the one-piece suits do not flatter my bottom, its like its too snug and makes any extra flab squish out, gross description, I know!

Why is it so hard to find a decent swim suit?!

This is my problem with EVERY swim suit!!! And I'm not a big person, I just don't get it. I think my BMI is 19 but my rear is just not swim suit material I guess :) My second order came today to try on, hopefully one of the bottoms fits decently!!

pomegranate
04-02-2011, 12:49 AM
My order arrived today. I got 5 swim separates, all Heritage, tankini, bikini top, hipster bottom and bikini bottoms. I normally wear a size 10 and I got mediums for all the swim and they all fit pretty good except for the hipster bottom. I also bought a pair of khakis, shorts and a light jacket. These fit terribly! So surprising b/c this is my second Heritage order and I liked all 5 items I got last time.

Thanks again, OP, for the tip on the swim separates. I'm happy with mine!

kozachka
04-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I'll be returning all three items that I got from this sale. The top (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/DoubleRingBikiniTop~208821_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CHW&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-Sale-_-Swim-_-Tops&origin=index) offers very little support and fits kind of funny, the bottom tie is too skinny. And the matching ring bikini bottom (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/CabanaRingSwimBottom~208819_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CHW&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-Sale-_-Swim-_-Bottoms&origin=index)cuts too much into the flesh. Regular Cabana bikini bottom (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/BikiniBottom~208827_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HMF&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-Sale-_-Swim-_-Bottoms&origin=index)is OK but of no use to me without a matching top.