PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide! 2010 vs. 2011 bjcmd

kbear
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and can tell that there are a lot of stroller experts here-please help me with my decision!

I have a two and a half year old daughter and now a newborn son and am looking into the Baby Jogger Double City Mini. I was able to have diapers.com price match AlbeeBaby.com's $299 price for the 2010 model. With tax, I got it for 334.60-it just arrived yesterday and is still in the box.

A friend got me in contact with an authorized baby jogger dealer associated with a reputable website who gave me a quote for $360 for the 2011 model-shipping and tax included.

Do you think it's worth spending the extra $30 for the 2011 model? Do the reinforced seats and upright straps make a significant difference?

Or should I stick with the 2010 from diapers.com (because of their customer service and because the differences between 2010/2011 aren't significant enough)

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

arivecchi
03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I would stick with the 2010. Diapers has great CS. Baby Jogger's CS is good, but diapers' CS is better. I would want to have that back-up in the event there is a problem. You can create the boards for the seat yourself and many 2010s already have the upright straps. Mine does. You can post a pic here and our resident BJCM expert, poohbear, can let you know whether you have the upright straps. Take a pic of the back of the stroller (behind the canopies).

scriptkitten
03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
ooh! i didn't know that about the upright straps!!!

why did you have to pay sales tax? because you live in a state with an albee baby?

poohbear
03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I would stick with the 2010. Diapers has great CS. Baby Jogger's CS is good, but diapers' CS is better. I would want to have that back-up in the event there is a problem. You can create the boards for the seat yourself and many 2010s already have the upright straps. Mine does. You can post a pic here and our resident BJCM expert, poohbear, can let you know whether you have the upright straps. Take a pic of the back of the stroller (behind the canopies).

:yeahthat: You could also buy pe boards for $8 each plus shipping (about $24 total). I would go with the 2010 - more likely than not it has the upright straps. I believe that the strollers produced after August all had them... it was a rolling introduction...

kbear
03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded--I went to Buy Buy Baby this morning to compare the 2011 BJCMD and 2010 but they didn't have any 2010 doubles to look at.

I'm going to take your advice and stick with the 2010...I am going to buy/make the PE boards to make the seats more supportive, but just one question--have you ever heard anyone complaining that the bottom of the seats are not reinforced/supported? The PE boards will help the seatback, but what about the bottom where the child sits? Does the difference

I know that I am overthinking this, but thank you for all of your help!

scriptkitten
03-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I can tell you right now that I'll never use the upright straps on my 2010.... They don't make that much of a difference and it's a pain to thread them after reclining the seat.