PDA

View Full Version : Crawler-friendly ant bait-ideas?

golightly1118
03-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, tis the season for ants in the Midwest. I'm wondering if any mamas have tips for an ant bait that is safe to use with a crawler in the house. Thankfully they're coming up in a room that she doesn't usually go in, but I don't want to take any chances in case she sneaks in there (it's our downstairs powder room/the dogs' room). TIA!

Pinky
03-24-2011, 12:22 PM
This is a tough one... I've heard that you can make a line of cinnamon or baking soda and it might stop them, depends on how determined they are. If you find something please post back.

We have them coming in a downstairs window and we are going to attempt to treat outside the window.

LMPC
03-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I second Pinky's approach. Treat the outside. Then inside do something baby friendly. I have also heard that a line of powder (talc, baking soda) will keep them out. I have also had good success with using vinegar (sometimes bleach) to wipe their trail away so they don't come in anymore -- this was in conjunction with the treatment outside. GL!

WolfpackMom
03-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Dish soap also works. We treat outside and then put a plate of dishsoap where they are coming in or wipe the floor where they are coming in with dishsoap.

mommylamb
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
We've used paprika and it works pretty well.

MommyAllison
03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
We had ants when DS was just under a year, and we put Terro ant bait in a place way up high that the kids couldn't get to, as well as a closet shelf they couldn't get to. It worked well, and fast. 3 days later, the ants were gone and bait was in the trash can.