PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Parent's Choice Organic??

oneontheway
03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking of switching to organic and wondering if people are happy with Parent's Choice Organic?

Also I can't seem to find Walmart in my area that carries it so do you always order online? What about shipping? It look like you have to order four at a time so I'm hoping if DS doesn't tolerate it that they will take it back.

Any info/advice is much appreciated!! Thank you!!

YouAreTheFocus
03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
We used it from birth to 13 mos and were very happy with it. It is such a good price for organic, for us it was a no-brainer! We had trouble finding it as well, only one of the 4 nearby Walmarts carried it. So when we went we would really stock up and buy like 12+ cans at a time (the exp dates are years out, so that wasn't a concern). Right around when we were transitioning him to whole milk, they started carrying it online. We def would have ordered it if we had that option.

daisymommy
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
It is actually made by the same company (PBM) as Earth's Best Organics. Pretty cool eh?!

oneontheway
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the input. Is it the same formula as Earth's Best or just made by them?

I'm surprised more people on the board are not using this formula since its an affordable option to organic.

YouAreTheFocus
03-25-2011, 03:02 PM
AFAIK, it is actually the same as EB (unless things have changed recently). And, PBM makes most store-brand formulas, so if your local supermarket has their own organic formula, it is probably PBM as well. Like for us, the Safeway O for Organics Formula is PBM and identical to the Walmart Parent's Choice Organic, so when we were in a pinch we could get that one (it is more $ than Walmart).

I have also found it strange that this formula seems "under the radar"--not much mention of it, not many people seem to use it. My only guess is maybe the people who tend to want organic don't frequent Walmart?

oneontheway
03-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Youarethefocus - What does AFAIK and PBM stand for? Did you go right to the Parent's Choice Organic or did you wait till a certain age? DS has been on Good Start and I'm hoping he will adjust well to the PC.
Thanks!

YouAreTheFocus
03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry for the shorthand...AFAIK is as far as I know....PBM is the company that manufactures the formula (for Walmart, Earth's Best, etc).

We used the Parent's Choice Organic from birth, but for overnight feedings and travel we used the Similac ready to feed nurser bottles, just because that was easier. He had no problem going back and forth between the two. Then around 3-4 mos he was only on the P. C. Organic.

You could try a gradual transition, this is what we did w/ our son when we switched him over to whole milk at 1 yr. Do like 1/4 P.C. & 3/4 Good Start, then 1/2 & 1/2, and so on. This way he shouldn't notice the difference.

Hope this helps!