PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own both a BJCED and BJCMD?

Ladybug47
03-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I just got the BJCED and it's our only double right now. I'm planning to use it mainly on walks, at the zoo, and I guess whenever else I have both kids with me. I haven't been out much with both kids since my 2-month-old was born, but I'm going to get more adventurous/active with taking them both out on errands when the weather gets warmer.

Is it too much overlap to get a BJCMD, too (for the albeebaby.com $299.99 price), for errands and short trips, or would that be a waste of money because they are so similar except that one is much heavier? Should I suck it up and just use the BJCED as our one-and-only instead of getting another BJ model, too? My kids are tall, so I'm kind-of set on sticking with the high-backed BJ seats.

I should mention, too, that I do have stroller connectors to potentially connect our single Maclaren Quest with a second umbrella stroller (we don't own a second one right now, though), for a cheap version of a double.

I'm not sure my DH would agree to spending another $300 on a BJCMD after we just spent so much on the BJCED, but if we really will discover we NEED a lightweight double option to use for errands and quick trips, then I'd rather be prepared to lobby for that if you think it's worth it.

Any thoughts?

By the way, I have gotten so many great responses regarding my stroller hunt so far and I really really appreciate it! You guys make my life a lot easier by helping with my decision-making. Thank you!

scriptkitten
03-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I found a way to justify the bjmcd this morning even tho I already have a bob duallie.

However the duallie is bigger than your bjced.

Personally, I could get by with a bjced as my one and only but if I lived somewhere where I used a car often, I'd want the bjcmd simply because it would take up less trunk room.

I also think the bjcmd is best as an indoor stroller.

sweetsoul99
03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
For over a year I've been getting by with a Duallie as our only Double. However, it's so heavy I just give up putting it in my trunk except for all day excursions.

So I got a mac techno and a lascal buggy for our car double. Would your older stay on a buggy board. That works pretty well.

But I finally gave in and bought a bjcmd for our car double. That way they both have a place to sleep when my mall trips take too long, trips, etc.

WatchingThemGrow
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
With our first two (almost 18m apart) I got along okay with just the BJCED as the only double, and I was happy with it. A few months before having #3, I was exhausted and getting things done with a 1yo and a 2yo and being almost 40 and huge, I was so thrilled when someone offered DH some work in exchange for a BJCMD.

We used it for those 3 mos, then for maybe 3 mos after I had #3. I didn't go out a TON with a 3yo, 1yo, and a newborn, but it was good when I had to. As soon as I could, I put the Elite back into the car b/c I like having the flexibility to use the air tires outside whenever instead of having to intentionally put it in the car, if that makes sense.

Having 3 DC and having the flexibility is good. I wouldn't deal with stroller connectors. If you think you'll have another DC right around the corner, then yes, it is worth it. If you may wait until the oldest is older or you're done with 2, then no. If you had a BOB Duallie, then yes, as the mini is more indoor-friendly. We like our BJCED as a standalone double.

Ladybug47
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Thank you all for your responses!