PDA

View Full Version : We're driving through FL in June

KLD313
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
My DD will be 8 1/2 mos old by then. I wanted to try to spend one night near Disney and hit one park just because my BF has never been before. Do you think it's worth it with the baby being so young? I'm obviously not going for her but she would be with us.

DebbieJ
03-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Absolutely! Go to Magic Kingdom and have fun!

KLD313
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Absolutely! Go to Magic Kingdom and have fun!

Do you think the baby would get any enjoyment out of it? I'm assuming there's nothing she can really do.

DebbieJ
03-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Do you think the baby would get any enjoyment out of it? I'm assuming there's nothing she can really do.

It's for you and your BF, not the baby.

KLD313
03-24-2011, 08:32 PM
It's for you and your BF, not the baby.

No, I know but I guess I meant how much can we do because she's there. Although, I'd be happy just walking around.

sste
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Our 5 month old baby really liked Country Bear Jamboree. She was very scared of pirates of the carib. and had a tough time with the parade volume. She liked the characters - - though we have some hilarious pictures of her staring at them with this absolutely flabbergasted, double-take type look.

Overall, I don't think it is a bad age to take a baby in the sense that they aren't very mobile so that you/other kids can have fun.

DebbieJ
03-25-2011, 12:56 AM
We went when my DS2 was 9 months old and he was very good. He went on lots of stuff with me (Small World, Jungle Cruise) and he loved the characters.

Don't over think it--just GO!

bisous
03-25-2011, 05:35 AM
I haven't been to WDW YET but I believe the MK is a lot like DL which I've done a lot! I do think the MK is the best option for you because there will be TONS of rides you can do with your LO. Really, you'll be surprised! Also, MK is the most iconic for sure and I'm sure you'll love it. :)

egoldber
03-25-2011, 06:48 AM
The only rides you canNOT do with an infant are the ones with height restrictions. Which is only a few per park, although they tend to be "major" rides. At the MK these include Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain. Also the race cars in Tomorrowland. Maybe there are a couple other minor ones. But you can take an infant on the vast majority of the rides and attractions.

KLD313
03-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow, I am surprised that you can actually take an infant on some rides! Thanks so much for talking me into it!