PDA

View Full Version : First hair cut at Harmony Barbershop

MSWR0319
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know if there is an age limit on this? DS will be 2.5 when we're there and has never had a professional cut a) because he didn't have any hair till abou a year ago and b) because now he won't even go near the salon without screaming and refusing to get his hair cut. I've trimmed around his ears once just so he doesn't look ridiculous (and i think i made him look worse!)but that's it. I'm thinking if I could tell him about the special treatment he'd get I might be able to talk him into it. I just wasnt sure if he was too old for it!

Edensmum
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I'd call ahead and talk to the staff there. I called and made reservations for dd to have her hair cut there, she had never had a professional one before and she's 6. We went in and were basically ignored. No one greeted us and there was a family going one after the other. Then another stylist came in and took the little girl who had just walked in the door, without in anyway acknowledging the people waiting. I mentioned that we had a 1 pm reservation and it was nearing 1:30, and asked about order and she tried to kick the little girl she had just started on out of her chair to take dd. We left at that point, I don't want to use park time waiting around and aside from some glitter for their hair the staff didn't seem engaged or like there was much special treatment at all.

kimbe
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM
No age limit. The DH and the kids do this every time we go. (DH and DS get haircuts and DD just gets the gel and glitter in her hair.) Both kids have gotten their first haircuts there. Call ahead and make reservations and when you walk in, let them know that you are there and when your reservations are. We were taken on time with no issues at all. You may have to wait a little because they do try to fit walk-ins in if they can. Just like everything else at Disney, it is very busy in there and you have to go in there with that mindset. For engagement and special treatment, it sort of depends on what stylist you get. There are a few that have been working there for YEARS and are obviously better than the others.

For a first haircuts, they would not let the kiddos sit on our laps, they had to sit on the booster thingys. They put stickers all over them to keep them busy and they have a bunch of those light up spinny thingys to keep the kids occupied. Both of ours were pretty scared at first, but once they started loading them with stickers and those light things, no problem. Each kid got ears that said first haircut and they wrapped up the hair that they cut off, with "pixie dust" in a little package of tissue paper and gave it to us to take home. They also got a certificate.

For us it is totally worth it even though three haircuts takes a big chunck of time. But now that they do reservations it is much better....it used to be first come first served and that was a circus!

Have fun.