PDA

View Full Version : Triplet Bday Gift Ideas (2 years old)

BayGirl2
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Our neighbors have triplets the same age as DS and they are turning 2. Two boys and a girl. I always have trouble deciding whether to get them one big gift or 3 gifts, and whether to coordinate the gifts or get something different for each kid. Budget wise I'd probably spend $10-$20 per triplet, so up to $50-$60 total would be fine. We are fairly close to them.

They have a lot of stuff already, local grandparents, and lots of other party guests I'm sure. Unfortunately I haven't been over there in a few months to see their latest toys, but their toy box is usually full. Their mom is not the BBB type so I like to find creative/useful/educational/non-traditional gifts that she may not otherwise know about.

Any great ideas? Any suggestions on joint vs. separate gifts for triplets?

TwinFoxes
03-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Three Mr. Potato Heads. It's one of the few toys that's 2 and up. My DDs LOVED there's, I should say love, they still use them. I got them ones that came in little suitcases with lots of parts, so a little nicer then the boxed kind, perfect for a birthday. You could get one Mrs Potato Head, so they can mix and match parts. :)

Or, maybe if you find a great deal on a kitchen?

Sand-water table? Since summer is coming up. I bet they don't have one yet.

Tondi G
03-25-2011, 12:54 PM
if they don't have one a sand and water table is a great idea! we have an older version of this one

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1304

easel and art supplies (washable paint, washable markers, large roll of paper, smocks)?

fridge phonics, fridge farm and fridge car wash?

http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Fridge-Magnetic-Toys/category/cat90023;jsessionid=BBC9D0E4ABA1AC607871046318F758 A2?q_docSort=&addFacet=%3A

mommylamb
03-25-2011, 01:04 PM
What about a family membership to some zoo or museum?

mackmama
03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
What about a family membership to some zoo or museum?

:yeahthat: I think this is a great idea. Otherwise I'd probably get one gift all 3 can enjoy.

BayGirl2
03-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Three Mr. Potato Heads. It's one of the few toys that's 2 and up. My DDs LOVED there's, I should say love, they still use them. I got them ones that came in little suitcases with lots of parts, so a little nicer then the boxed kind, perfect for a birthday. You could get one Mrs Potato Head, so they can mix and match parts. :)

Or, maybe if you find a great deal on a kitchen?

Sand-water table? Since summer is coming up. I bet they don't have one yet.

I like the Mr. Potato Head idea. I actually got the set they had at Costco which is one big potato and two little spuds. I've been saving it for DS. Now I wish I got 2 because that would be a good gift for them but I want one for us too!

I'd like to do a kitchen or sand table but those may be too big for the space they have.

Great ideas, thanks everyone. Sounds like getting one bigger gift or a coordinating set is the way to go.

baileygirl
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I would probably get them initial/name shirts from etsy and maybe each a book.