PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Zoku popsicle recipes?

army_mom
03-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Anyone care to share? We finally opened ours up and decided to try it tonight and it worked as promised! Since I'm not too creative in the kitchen, any recipes would be appreciated! Also, is the recipe book worth buying?
TIA!

jenstring95
06-19-2011, 12:26 AM
We just got one of these today. Have you found/invented recipes that you would recommend?

BeachBum
06-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Honestly, I find that the "recipes" are too much work! If someone has a recipe that doesn't involve 10 steps and pureeing berries I'm all ears!

I do
leftover smoothie
yogurt and whatever juice we have on hand.

if you do just juice they are too hard.

Elilly
06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
pudding

jenstring95
06-23-2011, 11:39 PM
DH made an Orange Julius-tasting one last night. He put 1 part milk (used skim) to 2 parts OJ and added vanilla and sugar. He used a LOT of sugar; I made them again for the kids today and used 2tsp. for 3 popsicles. I think I may try less sugar tomorrow.

DH ate all 3 of his last night and made 3 more tonight (and ate them all again). :rolleye0014:

hillview
06-25-2011, 06:18 PM
We love the zoku. I put in lemonade and it took a while to freeze but was yummy. I love the naked juices in the zoku. We have the blueberry one and it works super well -- freezes relatively quickly. I haven't tried anything super insane yet. I love that I can limit the sugar and junk in the popsicles. I made 3 batches in one go which was super too.

marie
06-26-2011, 08:08 AM
DH made an Orange Julius-tasting one last night. He put 1 part milk (used skim) to 2 parts OJ and added vanilla and sugar. He used a LOT of sugar; I made them again for the kids today and used 2tsp. for 3 popsicles. I think I may try less sugar tomorrow.

DH ate all 3 of his last night and made 3 more tonight (and ate them all again). :rolleye0014:

Sounds like DH - that's why I got him a Zoku for Father's Day. He's a popsicle addict! :)

As for recipes. I made fudgsicles yesterday using this recipe. They were delicious!
http://nuggetsnpizza.blogspot.com/2010/12/fudge-pops-in-zoku.html

I also used the vitamix to blend some super ripe banana, milk, yogurt, strawberries and sugar. I used both the fudgsicle and fruit/yogurt mixture to make "filled" pops. Those were my favorite.

infomama
07-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Bringing this thread back up. We just got this and we love it!
Can I use LaCroix water mixed with juice?? It's carbonated but ever so slightly.
More recipes please!!

LAMom
10-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Finally got the zoku. What are everyone's favorite recipes? It's freezing now, debut tomorrow!

marie
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
the blog of one of our own BBB'ers (anonomom?)

http://ourdailypop.wordpress.com/