PDA

View Full Version : last minute travel bags

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm traveling a short last minute flight with my toddler and I don't have enough time to order a bag for his car seat and my brand new G-luxe. Any ideas on how to gate check them without being totally destroyed?

ShanaMama
03-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Take off any accessories from the stroller. Make sure to check both when you pick them up at the gate. I've gate checked carseats & strollers numerous times & rarely had any damage. The cupholder got cracked off my Maclaren, though, which is why you should take off anything removable.

crl
03-24-2011, 11:44 PM
I think you will be fine without bags. I have never had damage to a gate checked stroller. If you happen to have a travel golf bag, your stroller may fit in it.

Catherine

BayGirl2
03-24-2011, 11:48 PM
We have some giant duffel bags we use.

Can you get large clear plastic bags? That would protect from scuffs and dirt. If not I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Armywife1stDr2nd
03-24-2011, 11:56 PM
How about cheap laundry bags with the draw string? Does anyone thing that would work??

Worth a try. Or I'm guessing heavy duty plastic bags would also do??

ahisma
03-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I've used giant heavy duty trash bags and a roll of duct tape. Not perfect by any means, but better than nothing.

ahrimie
03-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Yes, take off the cupholder. I gate check my Bee all the time with no cover. If it's rainy weather or something like that, I'd get one of those big red gate check bags from BRU or BBB. We've used that for our carseat before and I like that it's really compact. I HATE big stroller bags. We have a Bugaboo one and literally, after one use, we've never used it again!

hillview
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I think you will be fine without bags. I have never had damage to a gate checked stroller.
Catherine

:yeahthat: