PDA

View Full Version : Zippy Question

soon2b4
03-25-2011, 05:22 AM
I really liked our Inglesina Zippy for DD1 - especially the fold.
Any thoughts on current Zippy's? Also, thoughts on Zippy vs. Avio? (I have watched the Baby Gizmo comparison, was wondering if anyone had compared these themselves IRL...)
:) TIA

emily
03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Our Zippy is a 08 model. Since then, I think the biggest change is that the handles are now adjustable. I dont know much about the Avio but I like that it has a single handle bar since that is my only real complaint about the Zippy.

The Zippy is a great stroller but there are sooo many other strollers out there. I would try something new this time around.

Nechums
03-25-2011, 09:24 AM
I had a Zippy as my one-and-only for quite some time. It was a great in-and-out of the car and on walks (I never did major all terrain walks). But as DS got bigger and I started visiting the stroller forum more often, I realized that perhaps I was asking too much from the Zippy. Instead, I went out and bought a much lighter Maclaren for the car and a Bob for walking (I nabbed one of those amazing deals on the 2010 model). My life has been so much easier ever since the switch. When I occasionally use the Zippy now, I can't believe how heavy it is to lug in and out of the car. And then I can't believe how difficult it is to push DS in on walks.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling. But, I would definitely consider something else. Especially now that there are so many cool strollers on the market in the same price range, more or less, as a new Zippy.

soon2b4
03-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Hmm... I see your point about the weight, but I am having a hard time getting past the fold.

I have played with the Vista, BJCM, and some AT (BOB, MB) choices. They seem just as heavy, I couldn't get the BJCM to lock folded without laying it flat and really pushing to make the latch reach (the clerk couldn't either), and I want something that can go from infant through a couple of years.
Any help or further ideas? Am I asking too much?

I should probably add, we are not planning on any more DC, and DD1 is 7.

emily
03-26-2011, 09:43 AM
We have both BJCM and a Zippy. I would have to agree, Ive always felt the Zippy was on the heavier side. The locking mechanism is really annoying on the BJ. The one time I managed to get it on, I had to ask DH to undo it. I think pple only use it when they travel. You dont really need to lock it to throw it in the car. Both have great folds. I think I prefer the BJ for the true one hand steering.

If the Zippy worked for your needs the first time around, I would guess you dont need an AT stroller. Our Zippy was our one and only until DC2 arrived. It really can last from infant thru the toddler years. I also like that you dont need to buy a special attachment for the infant seat. DC1 is turning three and we are only now thinking about getting rid of the Zippy.

Nooknookmom
03-26-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd get another Zippy. I'm biased tho, I STILL have my '07 and I have had 8 or 9 strollers just for DD2.

The Zippy is the only original in the stable, (I have a MB urban too). I tried so many, I love it, love it, love it! I haven't played with the newer ones IRL but I have played with a ton of other models, not a fan of much, that I can say. Most are heavy and seem flimsy and are made in China.

I do love the Peg Uno's tho and wish I had kept one of mine.