PDA

View Full Version : Amazon used option, has anyone tried?

hovbaby
03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Amazon often has used option for items. It usually gives slightly better price than new ones. Has anyone ever tried this option? I love a better deal but am hesitant to purchase thinking something might be wrong with the item. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-25-2011, 11:16 PM
i've done it a few times, but only with things like books or DVDs. i've never had an issue with a seller or an item being defective or anything like that. sometimes i've gotten really good deals on stuff by buying used..baby einstein dvds, for example, i've gotten a used dvd for a very small fraction of the cost of a new one.

vonfirmath
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
I use it if the used price +shipping is significantly less than Amazon's price

hovbaby
03-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks for your inputs! vonfirmath, any opinions on the items? Were they good as new? Thanks.

lovebargains
03-26-2011, 07:50 AM
It totally depends

jvs195
03-26-2011, 09:19 AM
The seller's have feedback and they classify the condition of their items. I've only bought used books and dvds also and have sold a few items.

elbenn
03-26-2011, 10:23 AM
There are two different options for used on Amazon--used sold directly by Amazon and used sold by third parties. I have bought both and have been satisfied with my purchases. If Amazon is the seller (usually called Amazon warehouse),--they denote the condition of the item. I think it depends on what you are buying whether buying used is worth it or not. For lots of things, it is no big deal to buy used. I have bought used dishes from Amazon as the seller--they were just marked that box was slightly damaged, so they may have been a return or maybe the box was just damaged in the warehouse. I have also bought used books. I bought a used toy from a third party seller that was different than the toy listed and also was not in good condition, but the seller immediately refunded my money.

shaisri
03-26-2011, 12:12 PM
I have bought used books and some toys from Amazon sellers - my experience has been quite positive. Once I ordered a book that was rated as "looks like new" by the seller. however when i got the book, it had markings all over and I complained to customer service. Within 24 hours, I got a refund on the book.

vball4all
03-27-2011, 12:29 AM
I buy used books, DVDs and CDs quite often. Sometimes I can find a "like new" or "very good" condition item for a good price....sometimes they will offer Prime Shipping too. I've usually gotten them in the condition I expected or better. I usually get them on time as well. I've sold books/dvds/cds as well. One time, we even sold a huge telescope to someone! I'm thinking they must have had a script looking for items like that - they picked up on the listing really quick! You can look at the sellers ratings before you buy. I always think its helpful to have Amazon to go through as well.

essnce629
03-27-2011, 02:18 AM
I got some used children's cds sold directly from Amazon and was pleased with my purchases. The cds were spotless with not a single scratch on them, but one of the cases had a crack in it (which I was fine with since I throw the cases away and put the cds in an album). I would definately purchase some more that way.