PDA

View Full Version : Amazon mom free 2 day shipping taking a LOT longer than 2 days?

todzwife
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I ordered a box of huggies on 3/21. The scheduled delivery date was yesterday. They are still not here. When I asked about it, I was told they'd be here by 3/28. How the heck is that 2 day shipping?

Anyone else have this problem?

jenfromnj
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
I had something similar happen awhile back--the catch is that, if you're using subscribe and save, your first shipment is 2-day, but all the subsequent shipments are super saver shipping. After chatting (via phone and live chat) with a couple of different amazon CS reps, it's apparently in the fine print of the S&S information.

todzwife
03-25-2011, 11:47 PM
This WAS the first shipment. :( And fedex isn't showing any update in tracking!

TwinFoxes
03-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Was it showing as in stock ready to ship? Except for once, the only time I've had a problem is when it's not in stock. If it showed in stock, I'd ask for a discount.

theloo
03-26-2011, 01:45 AM
No, it's been quite the opposite for me. Twice orders have arrived the day after being placed. Though most of the time, it's 2 days.

momm
03-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I've had this problem.. and so have a lot of others.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390970

Seems split down the middle though. A lot are happy with it. I suppose it depends on the warehouse location o something

jenfromnj
03-26-2011, 07:54 AM
This WAS the first shipment. :( And fedex isn't showing any update in tracking!

If they showed as shipping immediately, then I'd try to call or live chat with Amazon--they'll sometimes give you an account credit for the inconvenience when orders don't arrive as originally scheduled. Still annoying that you don't have your diapers, though, but it helps a little :).

todzwife
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I did live chat and he sent another shipment but it won't be here until Tuesday. I'm ticked because we've had rotavirus, so we depleted our small stash of disposables and have been using the night time ones because her poop has been so bad. I'm putting her back in cloth but DH won't touch cloth so we've used almost a whole bag of night diapers! ARGH!

Pinky
03-26-2011, 06:43 PM
No, it's been quite the opposite for me. Twice orders have arrived the day after being placed... Same here... my orders often times arrive the next day.

I did live chat and he sent another shipment but it won't be here until Tuesday. I'm ticked because we've had rotavirus, so we depleted our small stash of disposables and have been using the night time ones because her poop has been so bad. I'm putting her back in cloth but DH won't touch cloth so we've used almost a whole bag of night diapers! ARGH!

I would definitely send Amazon CS an email and explain your situation. It's unacceptable when they say they are in stock and are supposed to be there within 2 days.

star04
03-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Once, my box was shipped to the wrong state and took about a week longer to get here than expected. It was even "out for delivery" and I thought that was weird. I emailed Amazon, and they even though they wouldn't send out another box (unless I wanted to pay for another box), they did give me a $10 credit.

1964pandora
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
No, I order a ton from them, and just when I think it might take longer than 2 days, the package shows up.

ckso
03-28-2011, 01:16 AM
I usually get the shipment within 2 days, sometimes even the next day.

I had a problem 1 time with 2 day shipping and it turned out to be fedex's fault. I called and complained on day 4 as I really needed it that day for a Christmas present. Fedex claimed it was due to heavy rain, reports of flooding, etc but at the time the flooding he was talking about was like 5 days ago about 40 miles away from my house. There was no rain and the warehouse they were delivering from was like 10 miles from my house. Made no sense.

Apparently, what sometimes happens is that fedex gets swamped and they don't necessarily honor the 2 day delivery. They said I can call amazon and get credit for shipment but since 2 day is free for me because of prime, I didn't see a point.

I don't like fedex AT ALL, which unfortunately is what amazon uses. UPS is so much better IMO.

TwinFoxes
03-28-2011, 06:10 AM
I don't like fedex AT ALL, which unfortunately is what amazon uses. UPS is so much better IMO.

I would have written the opposite! I don't like UPS, I like FedEx better. But 90% of my Amazon packages come from UPS.

Maybe it's a case of familiarity breeding contempt. :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-28-2011, 11:49 PM
I would have written the opposite! I don't like UPS, I like FedEx better. But 90% of my Amazon packages come from UPS.

Maybe it's a case of familiarity breeding contempt. :)

Most of my stuff comes from UPS, too. Must be a regional thing!

mom2khj
03-29-2011, 08:39 AM
If they shipped it on time, it's not really Amazon's fault if UPS/FedEx doesn't get it there on time, KWIM.

I think I've only had one delayed shipment and it was due to the massive snowstorm that pretty much delayed everything. Amazon had it out in time, but UPS couldn't move it.

I also sometimes get things next day, but not very often. I'd say 1% comes next day, 1% comes late and the rest are right when I expected them (the same date Amazon gave me when I ordered).

It also hasn't been my experience that secondary shipments are super-saver. All my S&S shipments are 2-day. I just looked at my history on one of my S&S items and it doesn't list 2-day shipping, it says standard. But the item still came 2-day. Weird.

ETA - I have a shipment coming up, it said Standard. It let me change it to 2-day, but didn't add any charges. Says "amazon prime - free two-day shipping".

lovemybean
03-29-2011, 08:53 AM
I have only been a part of Amazon Mom for a few months and have always received my packages within the 2 days (not including weekends). My items usually come UPS. My only issue has been with items that ended up on backorder.

ett
03-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Most of my stuff comes from UPS, too. Must be a regional thing!

Same here. Most of my stuff is from UPS but I prefer Fedex.

SoloMelody
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
I have ordered a lot of things in the past 6 months. And stuff has always arrived within 2 days. Most recently purchase on thursday afternoon , product was home friday afternoon!

Impressed!

todzwife
03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
still not here...moving around in california...wrong state.