PDA

View Full Version : Best Baby Bouncer?

Sunspot
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Looking for recommendations for best bouncer or something else that has good support for newborn...having twins and worried that I will need somewhere to rest one while holding the other :)

momtobeoverseas
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Hands down the baby bjorn babysitter balance. Yes, expensive but worth its weight in gold. Very portable, folds flat, baby was very happy in it!- My dd is too old for it now but I put friends babies in it all the time and every baby is thrilled to be in it! Also, VERY easy to clean.

Pinky
03-26-2011, 07:36 PM
My baby never liked her bouncer...

Would something like this work for you?
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow by Fisher-Price
Permalink: http://amzn.com/B002M77N22

I've heard nothing but great things about it.

catsnkid
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I was very happy with all of fisher prices products- had two bouncers (both used) - they were used from a few weeks on , a infant to toddler rocker was handy as a baby seat esp in the shower, and of course a swing. I also put him on the floor with a play mat quite a bit- I had the baby einstein ocean one.

rin
03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Hands down the baby bjorn babysitter balance. Yes, expensive but worth its weight in gold. Very portable, folds flat, baby was very happy in it!- My dd is too old for it now but I put friends babies in it all the time and every baby is thrilled to be in it! Also, VERY easy to clean.

:yeahthat:

Plus when they get too old to use it as a bouncer you can take the safety harness off and let them use it as a lounger chair! Can't remember the weight limit on it but it's pretty high- enough that your average 2 year old should be totally fine in it. We've used it as our camping chair when we took DD camping last summer, and it was awesome. We plan to use it again this year!

KpbS
03-26-2011, 10:21 PM
We have an older model of this Fisher Price one and we love it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTJS60/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000I2WB6G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0S4E96DPNSD3ZXXRFAR2

It is affordable and practical since once your baby is a toddler the can use the bouncer as a rocker/seat.

new_mom_mry
03-26-2011, 10:59 PM
We have both the Bjorn Babysitter Balance with the toy bar and a regular, fairly simple Fisher Price bouncer. As much as I wanted to love the Bjorn I think the two boucners serve somewhat different purposes especially at the young age. From a developmental perspective, my son learned how to rotate the toys on the Bjorn toy bar (around 2.5 months) before he learned how to reach for the toys hanging off the Fisher Price bouncer. In fact, this might have been one of his first milestones--learning how to rotate those toys which was really fun to observe! On the other hand, he has never been one to sleep in bouncers, so he's never successfully fallen asleep in either bouncer. As for entertainment, rotating the toy bar on the Bjorn can only go for so long, and you can't really hang more toys since it lacks an arch. You can hang more toys from the FP bouncer though if necessary, so I think that one provides somewhat more entertainment for the baby! As for longevity, I can see how the Bjorn one could last longer and eventually could be used as a little chair for the baby, though my son is very long--27 inches at 5 months, so not sure how long he will continue fitting into it. Also, once he starts crawling and moving--will he really just want to sit still?? I dunno, we shall see! Honestly, if you just get a simple FP bouncer, it will serve its purpose just as well as the expensive Bjorn :)

katydid1971
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Which ever fisher price one is one sale ;) I have had experience with several FP bouncers (mine, SILs'. friends', etc) and they have all been great. It comes down to price and style. I had the older version (ocean theme) of this one and it worked through two kids great and resold for almost what was paid for it. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-K2564-Rainforest-Bouncer/dp/B000I2WB6G/ref=pd_sim_ba_8

zag95
03-26-2011, 11:29 PM
We have an older model of this Fisher Price one and we love it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTJS60/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000I2WB6G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0S4E96DPNSD3ZXXRFAR2

It is affordable and practical since once your baby is a toddler the can use the bouncer as a rocker/seat.
:yeahthat: DD is a little over 3 and likes to sit in her little seat, when she is lounging. I like that it has a high weight limit (I think it's 40 lbs, so we have a bit to go!) GREAT product! Highly recommend.

Pbl427
03-27-2011, 10:53 PM
We received a Baby Bjorn Babysitter as a gift for DS1 and he loved it and still liked to sit in it until he was almost 3. That said, I still could not justify the cost to purchase myself unless it was a gift. I bought 3 simple Fisher Price bouncer for our twins so that we had a set of bouncers on the main floor, one in the basement and one upstairs. The simple Fisher Price ones with two toys and a little sound device were perfect. Easy to move around, small enough for my little ones, but big enough to grow with them, enough entertainment and completely practical and functional. With twins, you need a place to put the kiddos as there are often not enough arms to go around. These are a must have with twins and simple will do just fine.

mackmama
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow by Fisher-Price
Permalink: http://amzn.com/B002M77N22

:yeahthat: Our newborn really likes this. It's also super lightweight so it's really easy to move around the house. It also folds pretty compactly so it can be tucked away pretty easily.

We also have the Bjorn Babysitter bouncer, but DC doesn't seem to love it - at least not yet. I agree that a FP swing could be really helpful, too.