PDA

View Full Version : How many Pyrex dishes is too many?

kristenk
03-27-2011, 04:07 PM
My kitchen organization is going pretty well. I'm now tackling the upper cabinet that holds all of my pyrex dishes. I'm trying to decide if I need to whittle down my collection. Here's what I have (not including a couple of sets of mainly smaller dishes that I use for leftovers):

(none of these have lids)

2 8x8x2 square 2qt.
1 8x11.5 rectangular 2qt.
1 13x9x2 rectangular 3qt.
1 9.5x13.5x2 rectangular 3qt.

I think I've probably used them all at the same time once or twice. Usually, they're just taking up lots of space in my cabinet and making me feel guilty that they're stacked so haphazardly.

It doesn't seem like too many to me, but maybe I'm just trying to justify keeping them all? What's the best way to organize these, especially considering some won't nest with the others?

hellokitty
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Lol, you have less than me. I have several bigger pyrex and then a whole bunch of smaller ones too for leftovers and such. My feeling is that you can never have enough pyrex. :) I love how well it works and how easily it cleans up.

kristenk
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
They're seeming less unmanageable now! DH reminded me of the large cabinet shelf that I purchased earlier today. I had decided not to use it b/c it's a double shelf, but the top shelf is not really useable. Anyway, it's wide enough that the biggest pyrex actually fit! Now, everything is nested except for one of the small square pyrexes. :cheerleader1: I don't think I'll have to worry about a pyrex avalanche coming down on top of me!