PDA

View Full Version : Glowsticks as pinata filler for 5 y/os?

kwc
03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Is that just too weird? Also a few bouncy balls, parachute bugs, and chinese yo-yos if they will fit. A bit of candy as needed to fill.
Trying to avoid TOO much candy... favors will be inflatable lightsabers and a custom lollipop from Etsy.

hillview
03-27-2011, 07:31 PM
It is SUPER cool!
/hillary

Tondi G
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
thats great. Just a word of advise with pinata stuff. I made the mistake of trying to fill the pinata with things other than candy and didn't realize how hard the kids were swinging that stick.... a bunch of plastic items were broken ... mini squirt guns etc. Was a bummer cause a bunch of the kids were disappointed they ended up with cracked squirt guns. learned my lesson... squirt guns, yo-yo's etc go in a goodie bag rather than the pinata. Oh and bouncy balls .... if the pinata is done over a patio rather than grass, those bouncy balls are gonna bounce all over the place. The kids actually thought it was hysterical.

DebbieJ
03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I put silly bands in ours.

LMPC
03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Great idea!!!

g-mama
03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
thats great. Just a word of advise with pinata stuff. I made the mistake of trying to fill the pinata with things other than candy and didn't realize how hard the kids were swinging that stick.... a bunch of plastic items were broken ... mini squirt guns etc. Was a bummer cause a bunch of the kids were disappointed they ended up with cracked squirt guns. learned my lesson... squirt guns, yo-yo's etc go in a goodie bag rather than the pinata. Oh and bouncy balls .... if the pinata is done over a patio rather than grass, those bouncy balls are gonna bounce all over the place. The kids actually thought it was hysterical.

You know what, I assembled goody bags first and then stuffed them into the pinata. That was bad, too. Many of the plastic goody bags were torn open by the hitting and the contents had fallen out. Just a word of warning on that.