PDA

View Full Version : RA 55 and infant neck support?

TxCat
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
My DD is 6 mos. and we just switched her from her KF to a RA 55, rear-facing of course. :) My question is if it is worthwhile to use a rolled up towel or something else for neck support? I did a search for previous posts on this topic, and it sounds like most people don't think it is a big deal/harmful to the baby, so is it better to just leave things as is? To clarify, it's her head slumping to the side when she falls asleep in the car seat, not chin to chest.

jjordan
03-27-2011, 08:31 PM
It's totally up to you!

lorinick
03-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Is the seat installed angled back enough? Never had this issue using the BV. The MA sometimes. I never used anything to correct the problem, since it was to side not forward.

TxCat
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Is the seat installed angled back enough? Never had this issue using the BV. The MA sometimes. I never used anything to correct the problem, since it was to side not forward.

I think so. I had it checked by the car seat tech at our pediatrician's office, and she didn't have a problem with it.

On one hand, it looks so uncomfortable for DD every time I see her asleep in the seat - I feel bad. :( On the other hand, I have that little voice in my head that keeps saying "no aftermarket items in the car seat." I think I'm overthinking this!