PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg, VA with a 4.5yo and almost 8yo ?

ett
03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
We will be in Williamsburg in June for about 5 or 6 days. Any suggestions on what activities do to with a 4.5yo and almost 8yo? I'm guessing that we'll do Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens but not sure about what else would be good in the area. Will DS2 who will be 4.5 be really bored at Colonial Williamsburg? We will be meeting up with the inlaws and my SIL and her family. SIL's kids are 8 and 10.

Any other tips would be great. Thanks!

Bens Momma
03-28-2011, 03:59 PM
We spent 1 1/2 days there last summer with kids similar to your DC's ages. They did have fun at the historical restaurant where we ate in Colonial Williamsburg (I think it was the King's Arms.) The actors made a big deal about them and told some funny stories. Other than that they were mildly amused as we walked through the main part of the colony and saw some of the buildings and people in costume but we didn't really tour anything with them. They did enjoy Jamestown and Yorktown settlement. It's beautiful and there's a little beach there where they had fun playing and digging in the sand. There's also a Ben & Jerry's there right on the water. All in all they had the most fun playing in the pool where we stayed!

veronica
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
The Hanna Andersson oulet!:yay: