PDA

View Full Version : S/O What healthy foods do your DC eat that you don't?

LarsMal
03-28-2011, 10:12 AM
My kids gobble up grapes, pears, and cooked broccoli. I don't like grapes at all. I could live without pears, and I prefer raw broccoli. I'm waiting for the day they realize I'm not eating these healthy foods along with them!!

DH can't stand bananas- he practically gags while cutting them up for C.

buddyleebaby
03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
All three of mine love blueberries.
I do not.

AshleyAnn
03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Cooked carrots. Bleh.

Daycare serves her chicken nuggets which I do not eat either but I don't think many BBB moms would classify them as healthy.

maestramommy
03-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Veggie sausage. Dora is totally digging them right now. Can't stand them, they are so mealy.

infomama
03-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Salmon......

khalloc
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Bananas - I have never liked the texture and smell

Yogurt -I am not one for most foods with this texture.

Cottage Cheese - Again, that half liquid, half solid texture, and the fact that its curdled milk. I love milk, but can barely stand to look or smell cottage cheese.

mommylamb
03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
White things. I'm opposed to a great number of white foods (though there are many exceptions to my white rule), but things like yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese are all things DS eats but I do not.

JoyNChrist
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Peaches. I can't even stand the smell.

scrooks
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I do not.

:yeahthat: I am not much of a berry person at all but they both love all of them- blueberries, strawberries, blackberries...

Cooked carrots is another one. I love em raw but hate them cooked.

boolady
03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
DD loves peas, which I generally cannot stand, and bananas, which I love, but DH despises.

blue
03-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I do not.

:yeahthat: DS LOVES frozen blueberries.....Me, not so much

DrSally
03-28-2011, 05:23 PM
sardines, DS loves his "fish".

edurnemk
03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Blueberries, raspberries, cooked carrots, peas, eggs.

The berries I can eat but I don't love them, but for the rest, I can't stand them.

Myira
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
DD eats steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots all of which I cannot stand. Also she is a big milk lover and I hate it.

geophne
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
DD eats lima beans, pinto beans, and bananas. I can't stand any of them. In general, she eats way more veggies than DH and I do.

HonoluluMom
03-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Asparagus (yuck!).

cuca_
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Celery and Milk.

LMPC
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
DD is an insanely good eater, and she and I eat about the same range of food (organ meat is the only thing I won't eat). She does however LOVE the WF olive bar ....DH gags at the thought. The other day he says to me...."Will you cut them off the pits? It might make my fingers smell!" LMAO -- he's such a baby!

kijip
03-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Yogurt.

Veggie sausages.

Seaweed and certain sushi.

T will eat any kind of olive. Me, I am not eating any olive except for a regular black california olive.

LMPC
03-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Yogurt.

Veggie sausages.

Seaweed and certain sushi.

T will eat any kind of olive. Me, I am not eating any olive except for a regular black california olive.

Ha ha -- our kids would either get along swell...or kill each other over food!!!

MontrealMum
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
DS loves broccoli, mushrooms, and beets. I *might* choke down some broccoli if I have to in order to be polite, but I'm not going to like it. I would certainly eat it smothered in cheese soup, though that kind of outweighs the whole healthfulness of it. But the others? No freakin' way.

hellokitty
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, I can't really think of healthy foods that my kids eat, that I don't. I guess I've always figured I need to set a good example, so if they eat it, I should eat it too. Sorry, don't want to sound like a goody-goody. :loveeyes:

MommyAllison
03-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Bananas - I have hated them since early childhood, but the rest of the family likes/loves them. Banana breath afterwards = torture. ;)

DS also loves pickled beets, and I'm not so much a fan.

DrSally
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
.. I *might* choke down some broccoli if I have to in order to be polite, but I'm not going to like it. I would certainly eat it smothered in cheese soup, though that kind of outweighs the whole healthfulness of it.

Hehehe. Who doesn't like anything smothered in cheese?
Beets? I've never heard of a child liking beets. My mom used to eat them on cottage cheese frequently, and I remember being disgusted by the purple running into the white.

belovedgandp
03-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Tomatoes - DS1 will eat cherry tomatoes by the bowl. I like them chopped up in a sauce, on sandwich, or diced small enough on a salad, but to just eat cherry tomatoes or bite into a large one like an apple..... no..... way.

Melons - it needs to be just the right season for me to really enjoy honeydew or cantaloupe, but both boys will inhale it no matter what. For that matter there are a lot of fruits that I don't care for as much out of season that they will eat all the time.

crl
03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Oatmeal. And ds knows I hate it. He still eats it.

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥
03-28-2011, 11:53 PM
oh the list of this is verry long, i'm embarrassed to say. off the top of my head, my DS *loves* broccoli , peas, green beans, and cooked spinach and i can't stand any of those things. he is really good about eating his veggies, and i am not.

blue
03-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Yogurt.

:yeahthat: I forgot to add olives and mushrooms. DS LOVES those just like his Daddy. Maybe it genetic, because just thinking of them makes my skin crawl! At least with DS and SO loving them, I will always have someone around to eat them off my pizza for me :).

ChristinaLucia
03-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Broccoli - ish. DD loves it. Sometimes DH calls me out for not eating it.

MontrealMum
03-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Hehehe. Who doesn't like anything smothered in cheese?
Beets? I've never heard of a child liking beets. My mom used to eat them on cottage cheese frequently, and I remember being disgusted by the purple running into the white.

I know - to both :)

I didn't even know that DS liked beets until very recently because it's not something I ever, ever make. They are my most hated food. I do make broccoli and mushrooms because DH likes them, but I don't think that beets have ever entered our house. I am not a veggie person at all but I think that I do pretty well, considering, and DS gets a well-balanced offering at every meal.

I was talking to DS' teacher - whose prime goal in life is to get him to eat. He's top of the charts for both height and weight so we don't worry about it too much at home. But she's such a sweetie and has never met a non-eater before, I think, and she just doesn't get that. Anyway, she mentioned the word "betteraves" and it took me a few minutes because while I know what that word means, I never, ever would have thought that they'd be serving it to kids, or that my super-picky DS would like it. Beets are just not a kid food. I have yet to prepare them at home :bag The smell might do me in! My mom LOVES them. I told DS he could have them when he visits Grandma :)

essnce629
03-29-2011, 02:44 AM
DS1 likes beets, eggs, and sardines. I don't like any of those.

MoJo
03-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Cooked peas and cooked carrots for sure, both girls.

Probably lots of other things, liked cooked spinach, who knows what else. They generally like everything, and I. . . do not.

liz
03-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I recently tried Fruitables juice boxes. Nasty stuff. Not really "healthy" but I thought it would be better than other juice boxes. Now I know why DS1 won't touch them. DS2 still drinks them, but isn't crazy about the taste. Thank goodness we only have 4 containers left.

egoldber
03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Well, there is very little that I will not eat. I am the anti picky eater LOL!

My kids, well, older DD is getting better. Younger DD is a pretty typical eater IMO.

DH is actually fairly picky and his whole family has a rather odd collection of things they will and will not eat and various food "rules" that took me years to learn.

mikeys_mom
03-30-2011, 01:45 PM
DS and the twins will eat almost anything. DD1 seems to have developed my picky eating habits.

I have a very specific list of fruits and vegetables that I will eat. Broccoli, carrots, green beans, blueberries, strawberries, bananas and grapes is a short list of foods my kids regularly eat, that I don't touch.